User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 16-11-2009 , 10:25 PM #46
unapam

Default gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrabble
Heres some of the presents I made last christmas. I bought the small cushions for 50cent each and did blanket stitch around the edge. I then added flowers, beads and ribbon. The candles were really cheap too and I just cut some paper to fit all the way around,added ribbon and stuck a butterfly onto acetate(clear plastic). I sometimes keep the acetate from boxes that may have had a toy inside ect. I then cut out the butterfly and bent the wings to make it look real.

The glasses with the candle inside were drinking glasses but they were a bit too big for that,so I put some gravel in the bottom(left over from the fish bowl) and put a small candle inside. I added ribbon and the red glass beads were from christmas crackers the year before. I then put a sticker on the front.

The other stuff on the left hand side of the photo are little note holders. I cut a shape out of heavy cardboard and painted it pink. I stuck a lighter shade paper in the centre. I decorated a small notebook and pencil and stuck these on. I added some ribbon to the top so it can be hung up. I might have a better pic of these on file.

I hope they give some ideas of what can be made on a tight buget.
Happy crafting
Scrabble

These are gorgeous....I'll be nicking the patterns for my own!
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 16-11-2009 , 10:41 PM #47
Scrabble

Thank you Unapam. I would love to see more of everyone elses creations. I need a few more ideas for this year.
Scrabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-11-2009 , 08:28 AM #48
nishead

Default homemade christmas pressies

i used to make really simple wooden xmas decoration, i collected the old wooden orange and fruit boxes and cut them with a coping or freight saw, ill find photos and post them when im at my mums house next.

My favourite this year was i made some really nice soups, sweet potato and coconut, tomato and basil, spinach and cheese. i put them in containers that i got in a pound shop and made pretty labels for them. i made these for my dad, he kept them in the freezer so he had them for the next month.

If i find photos ill post them or if i think of anything else ill put the ideas up, we have had a few xmas' with only hand made gifts.
nishead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 17-11-2009 , 10:14 AM #49
Stuarty

Im not sure if this would be an idea for your parents, but this year I am making hot water bottles covers recycling my kids baby blankets. The blankets are fleece and are tiny, once the children are over 6 months they are way too small to use. My daughter loves the things from when she was a baby (shes only five but a big girl now) and she will love that she can still use her baby stuff. There are really simple instructions on the internet and they machine sew in five minutes.

My daughter is cross stitching cards and her brother (hes 3) is painting and glitter glueing picture frames to keep them in after Christmas. This sorts both sets of Grandparents for about 5 euro.

She is also knitting her daddy a present but I cant say what because I know he likes a sneaky peek at Jumbletown too ;)
Stuarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-11-2009 , 12:09 PM #50
Tessiebear

Default Christmas present ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmum
Hi all,
father-in-law told us yesterday that we are all to give one homemade pressie this year to them. I havent a clue where to start,have no idea what to do. can anyone give me some ideas???
it cant be big or heavy because there from England and they will need to bring it home with them after they visit. It can either be made,grown..etc but not shop bought(help please)
thanks a lot.
Hi jpmum,

Check out my picture frames in the Before & After forum:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=73534

and my Christmas tree decorations:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=72886

I've also made the tree decorations with pictures of my nieces and nephews in them.
Tessiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-11-2009 , 12:43 PM #51
filo

Default Calander

Im not sure if anybody covered this. Last week was my couisin's birthday and money was tight so i made her a "calander girl".

I done the template on a word doc and put in the dates in black and the bank holidays in red then inserted a picture of her and printed it out.

Everyone including the star of the calander loved it!

You can do a 1 page year one or a 12 page month one.

All you need is a word doc, pictures and a printer!

And its a great idea if you have loved ones living away from home and cheap enough to post or light enough for them to carry home!
filo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-11-2009 , 12:22 AM #52
orca

Hi,

here is a present my friend made for my son for christmas two years ago, its a decorated clipboard, with his name on it and there are little vellum scrolls with verses on them in the pocket, its beautiful and no money would buy it. she made one for my daughter as well.
Attached Images

orca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-11-2009 , 12:27 AM #53
orca

Here is also a friendship box my friend made for me a few years ago,

still have it safely tucked away as again no money would buy it
Attached Images

orca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 27-11-2009 , 03:37 PM #54
Scrabble

Orca, these are really beautiful. And you are right,no money would buy them. Theres something very special about recieving or giving a homemade present. You know that a lot of thought has gone into it.
Happy crafting
Scrabble
Scrabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 29-11-2009 , 09:00 PM #55
SJ_P

Default homemade

Hi, I am always making stuff and a few things that always go down well are homemade 'Sloe Gin' or blackberry if you prefer. While Sloes may be gone for this year you could buy blackberries. If interested in the recipe let me know. The other thing is apple chutney really cheap to make and tastes great also one batch will give about 12 medium sized jars (enough to give to your friends over christmas) which when covered in some funky material and a ribbon look very well. Hope it helps
SJ_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 29-11-2009 , 09:57 PM #56
unapam

Quote:
Originally Posted by orca
Here is also a friendship box my friend made for me a few years ago,

still have it safely tucked away as again no money would buy it

Beautiful! Anyone would be spoiled to get something so nice. Lucky you!
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote