JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 19-01-2009 , 10:19 PM #1
Sabrinabray

Default Plastic Packaging for posting - 35c

I have recently resorted to using the 35c plastic supermarket bags to post items to fellow members. I have found that they are stronger than some of the envelopes and in this rainy weather they keep the item drier than paper.

They are cheaper than paying for envelopes too!

As some ppl do not send packaging when they ask u to post (despite your post requesting a stamped addressed envelope?!) rather than be out of pocket having to buy brown paper/envelopes/bubble wrap etc... these are a cheap way out. You may even have some lying around that you could use. This idea may be helpful to someone.

To those who are not aware what sae stands for:
s.a.e. = STAMPED ADDRESSED ENVELOPE!
Sabrinabray is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 19-01-2009 , 11:35 PM #2
Linn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrinabray
I have recently resorted to using the 35c plastic supermarket bags to post items to fellow members. I have found that they are stronger than some of the envelopes and in this rainy weather they keep the item drier than paper.

They are cheaper than paying for envelopes too!

As some ppl do not send packaging when they ask u to post (despite your post requesting a stamped addressed envelope?!) rather than be out of pocket having to buy brown paper/envelopes/bubble wrap etc... these are a cheap way out. You may even have some lying around that you could use. This idea may be helpful to someone.

To those who are not aware what sae stands for:
s.a.e. = STAMPED ADDRESSED ENVELOPE!
I totally agree with you and i have done it on plenty of occassions. When i go to post office its by foot and i put all the packets ect under my sons buggy as the stay drier in the plactic bags. i'm also using old xmas paper turn the other way round to post books, dvd ect. Its all done in the name of recycling lol.
Linn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-01-2009 , 11:57 PM #3
Sabrinabray

Default Plastic Bags

Thank you mags2!

Linn - I am raging I did not think of using the wrapping paper! Thought I was good putting it in the green bin.
Sabrinabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-01-2009 , 10:50 AM #4
Mumof3

Hi just a thought, I was in woodies recently and they give plain strong brown paper bags which I use to post books etc also your local spar give out plain brown paper bags and they are quite strong too. Just cellotape around and bobs your uncle!!!!
Mumof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 20-01-2009 , 10:51 AM #5
Linn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrinabray
Thank you mags2!

Linn - I am raging I did not think of using the wrapping paper! Thought I was good putting it in the green bin.
Id use anything for wrapping. Any old paper from birthday presents ect. Ive used cereal packets, black sacks, shoe boxs ect.
The best i ever saw was when a lovely jumbletowner sent me clothes for my daughter. The came in a white straw sack(like the ones you get in some laundry baskets) tied with string. Then i reused it to send clothes to someone else.
Old Posted: 21-01-2009 , 04:10 PM #6
jenniferalan

great idea Sabrinabray as bag can be used again and again if address is written on seperate piece of paper and sellotaped on
jenniferalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-01-2009 , 06:47 PM #7
elbo

Default bags

Hi,
Pennys large brown bags are just brilliant for wrapping. Just cut out the amount you want, turn it inside out and lo and behold very strong brown wrapping paper foc (free of charge).
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 29-01-2009 , 02:40 PM #8
paprika

I always try to reuse all my envelopes. Just cellotape the new address on the front. And when I'm sending sae I'm actually sending the envelope itself with the stamps inside and my address on a piece of paper asking the Taker to use the envelope. Earlier I was always trying to squeeze the A4 and A5 envelopes into smaller ones, but sometimes it's impossible. I just hope the people don't mind this, that they have to scrape of the old stamps and glue over the address...

For sending packages I use old shopping bags from Dunnes and Penney's or recycle the old printed pages from my work, cellotaping them together.

Once I got a large pack from Linn wrapped into a black binbag. I thought that was brilliant! Waterproof and strong enough and light in the same time!
paprika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 29-01-2009 , 03:04 PM #9
Linn

Quote:
Originally Posted by paprika
Once I got a large pack from Linn wrapped into a black binbag. I thought that was brilliant! Waterproof and strong enough and light in the same time!
I totally agree with everything you said about black sacks. i posted a buggy board to a jumbletowner in a black sack and it arrived in one piece. I just posted clothes to another jumbletowner in a black sack. Its so handy as large items or things that cant be folded can be posted perfectly in a black sack.
Cheers Linn
Old Posted: 10-03-2009 , 12:26 PM #10
jenniferalan

just thought I'd bump this as it has very useful info for newbies!
jenniferalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-03-2009 , 09:06 PM #11
Moeby

Default Sending items in post

Hi, I usually buy bubblewrap envelopes to send items and they can be expensive. Is it not more expensive to send things as a parcel than in an envelope. Not sure about this one. Maybe all you that are in the know could let us know. Kind regards.
Moeby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-03-2009 , 10:28 PM #12
nono

Default Posting

Hi, just posted parcel to Dublin today, in the big red envelope my daughters Valentine Card came in, well..........couldnt just throw it out.
nono is offline   Reply With Quote