Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 25-05-2010 , 06:02 AM #1
rickaddams

Default Removing paint from tarmac

Hi Guys

Was looking for some info on removing paint from my tarmac after painting our house ...its only a few areas here and there after our dog got his paw prints in the paint tray and left an unsightly trail around the place... luckily enough its just on the one side of the house .....would we need to redo the whole place or is there something out there to remove just the affected areas ......appreciate any help on this one .....many thanx

Barry
rickaddams is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 25-05-2010 , 10:33 AM #2
smokeyeyes

Hi Barry, Have you tried using a really strong power washer? It worked for us when paint spilled on patio while painting back of house and there was quite a lot of it. Takes a bit of perseverance but it works.
smokeyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 25-05-2010 , 03:26 PM #3
mdemps

Default Removin paint from tarmac

I just paint over with bit of black matt paint, this is fine if its only small areas here and there.
mdemps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-05-2010 , 10:47 PM #4
rickaddams

Default tarmac paint

Thanx for the response guys .....havent really thought about the power washer as my own one seems to be lacking power prob the pressure in my area I expect but gonna give it a try anyway...and if that fails might try the matt paint option as looked at it again today and most of it seems to be fading so only a few spots to take care of now .....many thanx to you both for your suggestions .

Regards

Rick
Old Posted: 27-05-2010 , 02:33 PM #5
mw100860

Default paint on tarmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickaddams
Thanx for the response guys .....havent really thought about the power washer as my own one seems to be lacking power prob the pressure in my area I expect but gonna give it a try anyway...and if that fails might try the matt paint option as looked at it again today and most of it seems to be fading so only a few spots to take care of now .....many thanx to you both for your suggestions .

Regards

Rick
Hi rick, I'd be careful using a strong power washer, could dislodge some of the stones in your tarmac
mw100860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 27-05-2010 , 09:18 PM #6
marydoyle

pour some hot tar on it
marydoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 27-05-2010 , 09:32 PM #7
rickaddams

Default tarmac

Thanx again guys.......mw as I say my power washer isn't that powerful so might try that option first .....Mary thats also a very good idea about the hot tar but where could I get this in a small quantity ? Ill check around the hardware stores......Ill let you all know how I get on ...........many thanx again

Rick