JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 22-05-2011 , 11:21 AM #31
elbo

Just like Merienne I was there and I envied all the rails of smaller sizes also. Lots of vintage clothes.

Thanks Unapam for organising such an event.
Paul (Unapam's husband) was an amazing singer. Fashion show was a great success also and the girls from St. Michael's House were great models. Well done.

I found a few treasures for myself (one gorgeous Italian top), some items for friends, daughters and I even found an O'Neills tracksuit top for son.
elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-05-2011 , 11:26 AM #32
unapam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merienne
Just came home from this. Ladies, if you weren't there- you surely missed out!!!

It was even better than I had anticipated.
I'm a big girl, so I thought I'd be looking mostly at accessories- oh no!
I came home with a GORGEOUS vintage style rose patterned dress- still with tags on. Not to mention an amazing deep red Asian style dress jacket- also new! Great for weddings and posh parties this summer.
Also found trendy tops and shoes that were in superb condition.
Looking at the filled-to-the-brim racks for smaller sizes had me green with envy as well.
Everybody I talked to were delighted with their finds, and I saw a girl try on an absolutely lovely high-waisted pencil skirt, she looked fabulous.

In my opinion this was a roaring success, and I've already marked the date for the next swap in October.

Hi Merrienne, thank you so much for that glowing feedback. The whole day was amazing and everyone went home thrilled with their finds.
LOTS of the swaps were brand new with tags. Many women said they had these in their wardrobes for ages and never got to wear them. One women was seen beaming from ear to ear and clutching a genuine Guess handbag (How did that get by me?!!) LOL!
I was delighted to meet some other JT'ers there and put names to the faces. Thanks to you all for your support.
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-05-2011 , 11:36 AM #33
unapam

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbo
Just like Merienne I was there and I envied all the rails of smaller sizes also. Lots of vintage clothes.

Thanks Unapam for organising such an event.
Paul (Unapam's husband) was an amazing singer. Fashion show was a great success also and the girl from St. Michael's House was a great model. Well done.

I found a few treasures for myself, some friends, daughters and I even found an O'Neills tracksuit top for son.

Elbo, thanks for that. You were a godsend when you turned up with the extra hangers! We underestimated how many we would need. The St Michael's House service users who modelled for us were fabulous and Paul was trying out his singing voice for the first time his surgery on throat so it was a special day for everyone. Thanks a million for all your support.
Old Posted: 22-05-2011 , 11:42 AM #34
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Well done, unapam, and all concerned!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-05-2011 , 03:42 PM #35
unapam

Default swap shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris P
Well done, unapam, and all concerned!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Thanks Chris. We are thrilled with how it all went. We will be putting up some video on Youtube. Maybe you could put it on your GreenTube section for us? Thanks a mill.
Old Posted: 22-05-2011 , 07:42 PM #36
melissabell

Hey!!!,

I think I was more excited about this than anyone as it meant i got out of the house and didn't get poked at by a doctor!!! WOOOhOOO!!!

This was brilliant, I went with my best mate (Becceralda) and her mum. We really had a great time, none of us are small girls and we got loads of stuff!!! I got a pair of shoes, earrings, a bag, scarf, a dress, a skirt, 4 tops and 2 cardigans ( one of those I found on the size 10 rail Hee Hee but i think that was a mistake lol) I even won a box of chocolates in the raffle and Becca's mum won a beauty set!!!!! Unbelieveable day!!!

Can't wait for the next one and I've a queue of jealous people that missed this one waiting to go!!!

Well done Pam & Liz!!!
melissabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-05-2011 , 07:54 PM #37
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by unapam
...We will be putting up some video on Youtube. Maybe you could put it on your GreenTube section for us?...
Will do!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-05-2011 , 08:04 PM #38
unapam

Default swap shop

Thanks all for your wonderful feedback. We had such a great time, such a buzz with all the VERY happy women..we have just put up a link to some vid of the day of interviews with some of them. I'll add the url on here later, Unapam
Old Posted: 22-05-2011 , 08:09 PM #39
unapam

Default video of Fashion Swap Shop

Here is the url of some happy shwoppers! Copy and Paste it into your browser.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/video.php?v=10150254800970917&oid=136214736446522& comments

and this is another piece of video of one of the ultra satisified customers!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/video/video.php?v=10150254800970917&oid=136214736446522& comments
Old Posted: 22-05-2011 , 08:32 PM #40
sparkwell

I had a great day too Unapam and it was good to put a face to the name! I got 3 dresses (2 brand new with tags) a jacket, a bag, 2 scarfs and some tops so a very happy lady. Well done to you and Liz for organising the event and looking forward to the next one in October.

Sparkwell
sparkwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-06-2011 , 11:55 AM #41
lippylala

Default Swap shop in Coolock

HI, I have just been to the new Mother Redcaps Market in Coolock and it has a swap shop pop up shop. Is it you?
Got a lovely Burburry jacket for 5 euro!
lippylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-06-2011 , 11:58 AM #42
lippylala

Default Swap shop

HI, yes, it is us!
Next time say hello! Glad you like your jacket.
lippylala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-06-2011 , 11:00 PM #43
unapam

Default Swap Shop is now in Coolock

UPDATE: 24TH JUNE...Our next mega swap shop is scheduled for late November 2011 in the Racecourse Inn. More details to come.

In the meantime you savvy, prudent shoppers can do your swaps in the New Mother Redcaps Market, Coolock. We have taken a stall there on Thur - Sun, 10am to 6pm

It works like this:
You come to our stall, choose your item from the rails, offer us an item of similar quality/value/condition, pay just 2 euro for the swap and it's yours!

You all have unworn or unloved, but good condition items in your wardrobe? Yes? Why not exchange them for other gorgeous fashion items for a tiny fraction of the price of buying new stuff?

Makes sense as it is good for your wardrobe, your wallet and your world!

What's the advantage of SHWOPPING instead of SHOPPING??

Well, you don't ....

*further clutter up your wardrobe as you are replacing an unwanted item with a wanted item. (You are allowed to feel both smug and green!)

*It costs you just 2 yoyo for the swap and you have done a green fashion action!

*It allows fashion to circulate and be lifecycled and makes women (and men, we do mens too) very happy.

The market is situated off Malahide Road, behind Woodies/Lidl's and our swap shop is the first stall on right as you enter main door.
Attached Images