JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 30-07-2011 , 09:32 PM #16
amybaby

Default wall

WOW! i'm lost for words. (and believe me that's something.) what a great job. congratulations. enjoy your rest.
amybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-08-2011 , 06:15 PM #17
noni

Default tiles wall

Well done! It looks great.
noni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-08-2011 , 08:22 PM #18
Kleenqueen

Default Tiled wall

Hi Shonaster, well done on all your work. Just looking through the photos. It's amazing what you can do with left over stuff with a bit of vision, patience and time! I am inspired by your walled border and the wall with the red flowers. Question: The wall with the red flowers - did you plaster that first? The walls I have are the ordinary bare concrete blocks. I have often thought about decorating the walls but my limited imagination only extended as far as painting them white. I just love your ideas. Kleenqueen
Kleenqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-08-2011 , 10:19 PM #19
shonastar

Wow! I'm just back from holidays and I'm blown away by the very thoughtful comments, thanks to everyone. In reply to Kleenqueen, the wall with the red flowers was plastered already, but I can guarantee that plastering isn't necessary. The flowerbed in my Mam's was built from scratch and was tiled without plastering first. As long as the surface to be tiled is fairly even, it will be fine. I'm not a professional tiler (as the prof. tilers in my family will quite readily attest to) but the beauty of this type of work is exactly that..... it doesn't have to be perfect. It's not a bathroom or kitchen, the surface doesn't have to be perfectly even, it might seem like a difficult job, but honestly it's not that hard and you are only limited by your imagination. (and materials but if anyone needs broken tiles and is willing to travel to Dungarvan PM me and I will sort you out!) All the best, Shonastar x
shonastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 08-08-2011 , 10:31 PM #20
rubyruby

Hi Shonastar, what a really beautiful job, well done, you must be so proud, love to craft myself but never tried this.... now you have got me thinking....well done again. Ruby..
rubyruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-08-2011 , 10:25 PM #21
mbd

Default Wonderful Job

Hi
shonaster, OMG what a wonderful job, you have inspired me to do something similar with a kids play area, although I think it may take me years, and , by the time I have finished the kids will have grown up and left home.......
mbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-08-2011 , 07:43 AM #22
shonastar

Thank you to rubyruby and mbd for the lovely comments. I agree a job like this can seem daunting at first......my advice is to get stuck in, it really won't take as long as you think! I would love to see someone else's take on a tiled wall! Best regards x
Old Posted: 10-11-2011 , 08:48 PM #23
warrior

Default wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonastar
Hi all, finally finished the wall, my hands are killing me! I'm very happy with how it turned out, now I just have to make a bench and this little corner of the garden is done. Thanks for looking x
fair play to ya, what a great job well done, put them skills to work. NICE.
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-11-2011 , 08:28 PM #24
caroline880

Default tiled garden wall

wow what a gr8 job you have given me a great idea for the summer iv a shed full of odds and ends in tiles hope you dont mind me robbing you.re idea x
caroline880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 07-01-2012 , 05:18 AM #25
eilo

Default wow

love it well done
eilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-01-2012 , 03:53 PM #26
Sarahnimble

Fantastic wall!

I Its great to see people still taking pride in their gardens

:)
Sarahnimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 09-01-2012 , 04:40 PM #27
shonastar

Thank you all once again for the lovely comments, I've been plotting and planning all winter, have loads more ideas for the garden.....roll on spring!!!
Old Posted: 13-01-2012 , 05:07 PM #28
Mensa6

I love this website, so many talented people on it. That wall is fabulous.
Mensa6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-05-2012 , 11:44 PM #29
Jayne402010

Default Fantastic!

Was just going through old garden posts gleaning them for ideas to be truthful! when I came across your work, omg the mosaic stuff is fab, gorgeous, really really pretty!
I so understand what you mean about your hands after grouting, mine were dry for days after no matter how much cream I rubbed into them. The trouble with me is I like doing everything with my bare hands and thus they look old and withered and my nails... huh... I don't even wanna mention what they look like at times!
That table you did is absolutely stunning, tell me what varnish did you use?( I picked up a piece of wood on the beach and want to just place it in my garden as a feature.)
Isn't it amazing how talented people are ! I love it!
Jayne402010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-05-2012 , 07:47 AM #30
shonastar

Hi Jayne, thank you for your kind words! As far as I remember it was Ronseal (the one with a 5yr guarantee) I would highly recommend it as my table has been out all winter and is still very well protected. Next on my 'to do' list is benches for it, have been putting it off for ages.
I've actually been tiling this week in the garden, we put up a wooden fence along one side but had to cut the fence around the wall where it jutted out. It looked really ugly so of course I tiled over it lol! Will try and post pics later,

kind regards,
Shonastar