Closed Thread

Old Posted: 11-08-2008 , 10:56 PM #91
upthedubs

Default car boot sales

Hiya does anyone know of a car boot sale on this sat 15/8/08 thanks
Old Posted: 11-08-2008 , 11:04 PM #92
bridget123

Default naas boot sale

this market has great potential to be even better than fairyhouse if only more buyers would support it. every body gets great space to display their goods ,and are genuine car booters,and they can leave when they want,unlike fairyhouse ,car booters are not allowed to leave before 5 pm.my friend sold there and she was locked in until 5 pm ..... even when her stuff was sold. "she said not a nice position to be in".also they charged her 30euro,nass is on every sunday now .I always go to have a look got nice stuff there.
Old Posted: 12-08-2008 , 06:52 AM #93
Ocker

Where in Naas is the car-boot sale?
Old Posted: 12-08-2008 , 10:32 AM #94
DAVEDAVE

Default Car Boots

i believe there are a few on in Cork this weekend coming.
there was one advertised in the Cork Independent last week for the the Cork Camogie board at their grounds in Blackrock/Mahon next Sunday 17th and also i heard that Kilcully for the scouts is on as well...

i have done a few in the past and i think the best one is Glanmire followed by Rathcormac,hoping to get back into doing them again in the next few weeks.
Clutter has been mounting again.

Jumbletown is a great site and i have given away a few items and people on here are great.
as somebody said earlier carbooting is still recycling only you make a few quid and i also think it is not for everybody plus some people don't drive and for some items you would actually need a van.

it would also be great if somebody could post some tips on carboot's do's and don't and maybe a few warning's for first timer's.. i'll start,in no particular order

1.Arrive early to get a good pitch.
2. Keep prices low,people generally only want to spend a few euro's
3.Try and have a helper,certain groups will swap a stall and try and fill their pockets.
4. Keep an eye on your small items,especially if they are valuable.
5.when you first arrive don't be surprised about people crowding around your car and going through your stuff,you can make a few sales but you need to be aware of what's going on.
6. when packing up,i usually pack up slowly because it can attract people who think they will get a bargain.
7.Not everything sells,some carboots will be good for selling books and others no books will sell.
8.try and have a look around to see what others have on their stalls and if you have the same then ask the price.
9.if you have a car,park with the other cars where posssible not next to the big vans
10. reshufle the stall every few hours and move stuff around every few hours
11. Good clean clothes will always sell well especially kids clothes
i hope the above helps and is added to .

all failing that Jumbletown is a great website
Old Posted: 12-08-2008 , 11:19 AM #95
bridget123

Default naas car boot

hi ocker . coming into naas from the dublin side ,turn left at pennys/ tesco down to next lights turn left again .its down the road a few hundred yds on the left,you cant miss it.It deserves a bit of support as it is run by nice people .if it gets up and running it will be great,as a great spot with great space.
Old Posted: 13-08-2008 , 03:16 PM #96
irishorla

Default Car Boot's in Louth/Monaghan???

Hi Everyone,
Never been to a car boot sale before.... Looking to get rid of some junk of mine that other people may want.... kids clothes, unused makeup, kids stationary, and kids magnets/keyrings/rulers.... do you think these would sell?
Do you know of any car boots in the louth or monaghan area this weekend sat 16th or sun 17th of august??
Any comments would be much appreciated! :D
Old Posted: 13-08-2008 , 03:35 PM #97
Ocker

Thanks for the info Bridgett. Will give it a try soon.
Old Posted: 13-08-2008 , 07:56 PM #98
newstemp

Default Wexford: Inch & The Un Yoke

At Inch (about 5miles north of Gorey, just South of Wicklow, do not know exact months) on Saturday

The "Un Yoke" on Sunday (about Apr-Dec, do not know exact months) on Wexford coastal rd a few miles north of Castlebridge. There is a pub there called the "Un Yoke", where merchants would un-yoke their horses from their carriages on the way to Wexford town, I am told.

DH
Old Posted: 13-08-2008 , 09:46 PM #99
MMG

Default Longford

There is a car boot at Flancare Park in Longford on Bank Holiday Mondays only. Is about 50 stalls, mostly genuine car boots rather than market. Flancare is about a mile out of Longford on the Strokestown Road.
Old Posted: 16-08-2008 , 05:26 PM #100
chrissyalone

Default boot sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shado_w
looking for any information regarding ANY car boot sales ANYWHERE in the country this year. THANKS
Hi....there is a new boot sale in the centre of Limerick City every sunday from 10am in the centre car park.

chrisssyalone
Old Posted: 16-08-2008 , 07:35 PM #101
JULIEBABY

Default car boot sales

Have absolutely loads of clothes that would love to sell, have done a few car boots sales in past, sometimes good, sometimes bad e.g. money made.
Does anyone know of an indoor market, would love to do some now while kids off school as when son goes back Sat and Sun are normally taken up with going to matches either soccer or gaa. Any markets on next weekend 23/24/08, if you could let me know it would be brilliant, thanks Juliebaby
Old Posted: 20-08-2008 , 12:07 PM #102
zachwweecw

Default car boot sales in cavan area

does anyone know the next car boot sale in cavan or near cavan. any car boot sales before the 28 of august.
thanks
Old Posted: 22-08-2008 , 08:34 PM #103
Bunty

Default Query

Hi Guys,

Does anybody know if there is a car-boot on in Cork area next Sun. I have been to Rathcormac, I thought it was great & arrived home with such a load of 'GOODIES'??? I was hoping hubby would not be around, most of the 'Great Buys' I gave to friends, who probably took them out of politeness.

I would love to go to another one, so perhaps somebody might advise on some one in Cork/Limerick area next Sunday.

Happy Buying!!
Bunty
Old Posted: 23-08-2008 , 12:26 PM #104
Tribesman06

Any in Galway / Mayo area that anyone knows of?
Old Posted: 24-08-2008 , 03:17 AM #105
MistyMoon

Default car boot sales

sorry but I don't know anything about car boot sales in that part of the country
Closed Thread