JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 07-01-2015 , 09:42 PM #1
melissabell

Default Upcycled Small Table with 2p coins.....

Hi,

I had this Table for a good few years in the attic and I had this project in mind but didn't have time to do it. Basically i had loads of old 2p coins and I put them on a tray and coated them in lemon juice overnight to clean them up. I them measured the table to get the centre point and created a grid to put the coins on straight. I used superglue to fix them in place. Then I created a frame around them using some wood trim I had bought. I fixed this in place using wood glue and pins. Then I got some leftover grout that i had and grouted between the coins. When I was scrubbing off the excess grout it polished up the coins even more. Then I used coffe to stain the wood frame to match the table and filled around the edges of the frame with Dark wood filler.

I didn't do anything with the rest of the table as it has a natural distressed look which suited the effect I wanted :)
Attached Images

melissabell is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 07-01-2015 , 10:07 PM #2
patricias6

Default upcycled small table

very nice , different
patricias6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 02-02-2015 , 10:28 AM #3
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai

Default table

Hi Melissabell, well done, another lovely job. I forget to look at before and after as site not as busy as it was. Glad to see the upcycling continues. Eibhlin
Eibhlin ni Sheambrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 18-02-2015 , 07:33 PM #4
Rachelirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissabell
Hi,

I had this Table for a good few years in the attic and I had this project in mind but didn't have time to do it. Basically i had loads of old 2p coins and I put them on a tray and coated them in lemon juice overnight to clean them up. I them measured the table to get the centre point and created a grid to put the coins on straight. I used superglue to fix them in place. Then I created a frame around them using some wood trim I had bought. I fixed this in place using wood glue and pins. Then I got some leftover grout that i had and grouted between the coins. When I was scrubbing off the excess grout it polished up the coins even more. Then I used coffe to stain the wood frame to match the table and filled around the edges of the frame with Dark wood filler.

I didn't do anything with the rest of the table as it has a natural distressed look which suited the effect I wanted :)

well done- great job
Rachelirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-05-2015 , 08:41 AM #5
lizann

Default table

What a great idea well done it looks fantastic
lizann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 25-06-2015 , 11:23 PM #6
Leahsmam

nice job
Leahsmam is offline   Reply With Quote