JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 17-02-2012 , 12:44 AM #1
Chris P
Administrator

Default What Unapam Did Next ... or "Recession-proof Shopping" in "Wear it Again, Sam"

Hi Everyone,

As many of you know, JumbleTowner Unapam has been a long-term supporter of the site, both in her Giving and Taking, and also in her many inspiring posts in the Before & After forum. In fact, over the years, her refurbishing escapades and re-purposing & upcycling projects have attracted a lot of media attention and she has very kindly agreed to be interviewed for several articles, thereby helping to bring JumbleTown to greater public attention.

A few years ago, Unapam got involved in organising large-scale "Fashion Swap Shops" -- hugely popular "green 'n' thrifty fashion" events that were held around twice a year, in Dublin and (I think) one or two other locations, with part of the proceeds going to charities such as St. Michael's House.

And so, I'm delighted to give a big shout out for her latest green 'n' thrifty endeavour --
"Wear it Again, Sam" -- probably Ireland's first pre-owned clothing trade-in shop. It's located in the New Mother Redcaps Market, off the Malahide Road, Coolock (just behind Lidl/Woodies), in Dublin (Thur to Sat 10am to 5.30pm & Sun 12 noon to 5.30pm).

Here's how it works:

Choose something from your wardrobe that is in very good, or new condition, that you no longer have (or never had) a use for;

Choose an item of clothing from the rails and get 20 to 50% discount at the cash desk by trading in your item and paying the balance;

If you just want to buy good quality items for great prices - just buy them straight off the rails - prices start at just €3.

Women's and Men's clothes, shoes, accessories and costume jewellery are stocked.

Unapam refers to her latest project as "guilt-free shopping in a recession free zone, which is good for your wardrobe, your wallet, and the environment."

Finally, Unapam likes to keep things Green, so if you pop-in, it would be great if you brought your own shopping bag. Also, she'd gratefully accept all donations of wooden hangers and paper shopping-bags to save on costs and resources.

You can visit "Wear it Again, Sam" on Facebook...here:

http://www.facebook.com/internetexplorer#!/photo.php?fbid=238436146237866&set=pt.114374071977 408&type=1&theater

The New Mother Redcaps Market Facebook Page is here:

http://www.facebook.com/internetexplorer#!/MotherRedcaps.Market

So, well done, Unapam, thanks for your sterling contribution to JumbleTown over the years, and good luck with "Wear it Again, Sam."

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Attached Images

Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 17-02-2012 , 01:45 AM #2
smokeyeyes

Wishing Unapam a HUGE success in her new venture :-)

Have really enjoyed her many photos here over the years. (Was actually wondering what had happened to her as we haven't seen anything recently?! )
Now we know why! Have been lucky enough to meet her and she is an extremely nice person. I hope this doesn't mean that she won't delight us with more of her lovely before/after crafts as she is very inspirational.

Good luck Unapam - only you could take on a venture like this. Wish I lived nearer so I could call in and browse.
smokeyeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-02-2012 , 09:59 PM #3
unapam

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyeyes
Wishing Unapam a HUGE success in her new venture :-)

Have really enjoyed her many photos here over the years. (Was actually wondering what had happened to her as we haven't seen anything recently?! )
Now we know why! Have been lucky enough to meet her and she is an extremely nice person. I hope this doesn't mean that she won't delight us with more of her lovely before/after crafts as she is very inspirational.

Good luck Unapam - only you could take on a venture like this. Wish I lived nearer so I could call in and browse.

Thanks to Smokeyeyes for your kind comments and also to Chris P for the shoutout on JT. Unapam
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 24-02-2012 , 10:00 PM #4
unapam

Default Thanks

A big thanks to Jt'er Maura who brought in the motherlode of paper bags. Thanks so much!
Old Posted: 25-02-2012 , 05:52 PM #5
Gormal

Well Done Unapam, exactly what is needed just now! Good Luck .......... Think you are more likely to run out of space rather than anything else!
You make me wish I lived closer ;o)
Gormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 29-02-2012 , 08:24 PM #6
Leahsmam

best of luck with it Unapam, well done
Leahsmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 31-03-2012 , 10:21 PM #7
Sky

Default Well done!!!!!

Just saw this post now and all i can say is "well done Pam". There is no better girl to make a success of something like this. I have not forgotten the dig out you gave us here in Celbridge a few years ago and all here send their best wishes. Sky and Margaret
Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 01-04-2012 , 06:45 PM #8
maura norton

Default Una Pam recycling

Belated congratulations to Una Pam on the success of upcycling day in Mother Redcaps. Really enjoyed purchasing at recession prices
maura norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-06-2012 , 02:25 PM #9
unapam

Default thanks

Hi, thanks to all who have posted on here with good wishes. Sky, how are you keeping? Wish I could give you a digout this year. Say hello to all there for us.