Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 28-10-2011 , 07:42 PM #16
TickTock

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkwell
I believe there is only one way to satisfy your curiosity Tick Tock - Happy baking!

Hubby has been asking for home baked scones recently - but I think he deserves something 'special' (hee hee!)
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-11-2011 , 12:21 AM #17
trish53

Default stale bread

break up the bread and put on a heat proof plate. cover with milk and then put loads of chedder cheese on,grill on low heat until cheese has melted,brought up on this manchester diet. loads more recipes if any ones interested,in olden day ideas.
trish53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-11-2011 , 03:09 PM #18
TickTock

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish53
break up the bread and put on a heat proof plate. cover with milk and then put loads of chedder cheese on,grill on low heat until cheese has melted,brought up on this manchester diet. loads more recipes if any ones interested,in olden day ideas.

Always interested in old recipes. Although our bookshelves are groaning with the weight of too many cookbooks I still rely very heavily on my mother's old reliables, so tasty, and they always work!! Would like to see more frugal recipes and food 'stretchers' please. Food is food, and I always say you don't need fancy ingredients. I was in the supermarket today and they had kumquats and limequats, from Israel, and I just knew (instinctively) I could live without them!! :)
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-11-2011 , 09:13 PM #19
trish53

Default recpies

Tattie Soup] 1lb Of Old Potatoes,2 Onions,2 Carrots,4 Rashers,3 Pints Of Stock Made From Lamb Or Beef Bones.i Always Get Bones Free From The Butcher And Then Roast Them Before Simmering To Make A Stock. Peel And Slice The Potatoes,coarsley Grate The Peeled Onion And Carrot,cut The Rashers Into Squares.bring To The Boil The Stock In A Large Pan,add The Veg And Rashers And Simmer For 1 Hour And 30 Minutes Until Thick And Creamy,add A Touch Of Salt,and Serve Topped Will A Sprinkle Of Parsley And Fresh Home Made Crusty Bread. I Used To Have This At My Nanas Over 50 Years Ago And My Family Still Love It Today. WILL ADD SOME MORE TOMORROW,I USED TO LOVE COOKING WITH NANA.
trish53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 27-08-2012 , 01:35 PM #20
jo90

Default hard bread

Every bit of waste food is used or recycled in our house, best tip try not to make it in first place, dont make so much you can't use, if there are left overs dont go to the bin first, if more people used their wisdom and imagination our waste would be reduced overnight. Make, breadcrumbs, bread and butter pudding, french toast, crutons for soup & salads, wet bread for birds or crumb and mix with old cooking fat for bird fat balls.
jo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 04-09-2012 , 03:55 PM #21
Colm G

Another shameless plug sorry
http://purchase.ie/indoor-composter-kit/
Colm G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 07-09-2012 , 08:23 PM #22
Anne27

Default veg peelings

ALL veg peelings,potatoes,carrots parsnips etc etc can be made into
fab soup,why bin them???most of the vitamins are in the skin so once well
washed no reason not to use them.