Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Posted: 23-06-2006 , 02:18 AM #16
saluki

Default No animals please.

I am one of those people that clean up after these animals are passed around, I run a small rescue and would hate to see animals given away like this.

If anybody is looking for a dog/cat/horse/small critter please contact your local Rescue or Pound they have plenty of unwanted and needy cases.

A Reputable Rescue will have a chat with you and advise you as what type of dog would suit you and will provide backup and advice.

Same goes if anybody needs to get an animal rehomed/relocated, contact your local rescue.

And please remember if you give your dog to the local pound it may be PTS that day or the next, a surrender will only get 1-2 days and a stray will only get 5 days.

And if I may just add this:

Please everybody Spay/Neuter your dog,

All around Ireland The Pounds & Rescues are full of UNWANTED DOGS & PUPPIES, and the only answer to this is NEUTER---- NEUTER and stop the unwanted.

No Creatures on this site please............................................ ................
Old Posted: 23-06-2006 , 08:01 AM #17
symphony

The mere idea of giving away pets for free on this sends shudders down my back. Yes, you see many pets in papers for free; but who's to say that this is right? You often see ads aswell saying things like "Any breed of dog wanted, call 08-whatever," or "Free dog needed to be guard dog" and so on. You'd wonder, would you not, why a person wants any breed of dog? Is it for dog fighting? Abuse? Testing? What?

Giving away dogs free on here, or any animal for that matter be it a fish, a cat, a horse, a guinea pig without a homecheck, is quite possibly as bad as verbally saying you condone this animal to an uncertain life by your own hands!!!

If someone no longer wants their pet, there are plenty of nonkill rescues in the country, plenty of pounds (and yes, i firmly believe that being pts is better than some fates that animals end up in!), there are both large and small animal rescues ... i would never ever give away a living creature without checking to see where it was going ... i couldnt have that on my conscience ...

i dont know how anyone else could either ....
Old Posted: 24-06-2006 , 01:02 PM #18
tracytoo

Default animals on jumbletown

i have to agree that to do this would not be a good idea. My first thought would be dog fighting. People may think this does not go on but it is a fact of life and these people would use animals for this purpose. Please do not allow this to happen. There are plenty of animal rescues in this country. We as a nation are one of the worst. Our pts record is 40% higher than in England per population. That is a staggering fact. 55 dogs are put to sleep every day in ireland. Please think long and hard about getting a dog so that you will not be put in a position where your animal needs to be rehomed. Spay and nueter if you are. Thanks.
Old Posted: 25-06-2006 , 10:42 AM #19
maura rua

Default animals in jumbletown

I think the ethos of jumbletown is excellent, we all have so many things that are surplus to requirements that other people could happily use.

It would be a shame if such an ethical site was to perpetuate the abuse of pets that happens in ireland by allowing them to be treated as objects and not as sentient living creatures with need and wants.

Far too many pets are destroyed in Ireland every year, 16,000 dogs in local authority pounds just last year. The number of cats killed is unknown.

I would support what other people on the forum have said, that there are rescue centres all over Ireland who are flooded with unwanted animals who would love to be given a happy home.

Anyone thinking of getting a pet, please go and visit. You will have some idea of the animal you are getting which is far better than an impulse buy from a freebie.

Lets make Jumbletown an animal free zone, please.
Old Posted: 25-06-2006 , 01:46 PM #20
kearney

not under any circumstances.
Old Posted: 27-06-2006 , 04:00 PM #21
Dave Hagan
Administrator

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your views.

JumbleTown has not changed its policy: the exchange of all animals/pets is banned on JumbleTown.

Any JumbleTown Member who might have an unwanted animal should contact the following web sites:

http://www.dspca.ie/

http:///catsaid.org

Regards
Dave Hagan
Admin
Closed Thread