JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 02-06-2012 , 11:47 PM #1
palminnie2

Default garden division

its a very big garden so have decided on cordoning off the top with some kind of cordon and beyond which relocating a whacking big shed to the corner, changing the frontage to glass doors and have it looking out onto a natural pond and small stream.
the bit that is getting to me right now is the cordon..we also get some whacking big winds during winter plus funds are not exactly flush, so any ideas.
i hope to put an arch off centre and would like to make the cordon in an s-shaped rather than slash across the width of the garden.
palminnie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 06-06-2012 , 05:24 PM #2
Annabee

Hi Palminnie2, how about planting some bushes/hedging across? I have a very windy garden and any other option I looked at cost a small fortune! Plus you get a lot of happy birds! Also used bamboos in a smaller area as a wind break.
Annabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-06-2012 , 11:28 PM #3
palminnie2

Default ha!

i actually never thought of that! and me diggin for australia to provide a pond beyond as well!
thanks, do you have any recommendations as to kind? if in greystones, flooding on way! so says met eireann
palminnie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 07-06-2012 , 09:13 AM #4
Annabee

I was given a lot of fir like baby trees, soft,not needley like christmas trees,fast growing, kept trimming the height to get them bushy and when they filled out, I let them get good and tall! Very nice to watch on a soggy windy day like today, full of bird activity, put in a few rambling roses last year which seem to be doing good. Mabey see what you get offered by jumble towners? I've a friend who used flax plants which look great, but they don't give the height I wanted. Best of luck with your garden, Ann.
Annabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-09-2012 , 09:04 AM #5
Faroutthere

we want to do the same, so this year I tried planting some willow, our site is quiet damp so they thrived , also come November I can cut this years growth an shove them in the ground and they will grow!30 trees have now produced about another 100 for planting next year. Willow are cheap, come in a few different colours ( Ive heard of green red and yellow or if you know your trees you'll find them growing everywhere so take some cuttings and save on cost. Bamboo should also be condidered but can be expensive
Faroutthere is offline   Reply With Quote