Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Support Forum > Support Forum
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 05-06-2008 , 09:57 AM #1
Mickey

Default Posts Missing

Hi,

I posted 2 Wanted ads yesterday. I received a reply notification (which I clicked on and read). When I went back to the Wanted section to reply to the sender I could not find either of my posts anywhere. They are just GONE! Please let me know what has happened and how can this be prevented.

Also, is there any way (other than opening each individual post) to mark them as read? I like to check if there are new posts but don't necessarily want to have to go into each one to clear the list.....

Just a thought anyway :)

Thanks

Mickey
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 05-06-2008 , 10:19 AM #2
Dave Hagan
Administrator

Hi Mickey,

To deal with your first question, are these not your Ads?

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=25108
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=25107

Ads can move down the list quickly in the Wanted section so it may be necessary to search more than the first page of Ads.

Regards
Dave Hagan
Admin
Dave Hagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-06-2008 , 12:59 PM #3
Mickey

Default Thanks Dave

Hi,

Thanks for that. I searched all 51 pages at the time and they were NOwhere. I did afew more checks and about a half hour ago I found them. So sorry to bother you.
Old Posted: 05-06-2008 , 01:21 PM #4
Chris P
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
Hi,

Thanks for that. I searched all 51 pages at the time and they were NOwhere. I did afew more checks and about a half hour ago I found them. So sorry to bother you.
Hi Mickey,

To save time, use the Search function in the Wanted forum. Please see here for instructions:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4000

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-06-2008 , 01:40 PM #5
karlolex

Default posts

hi mickey was it the heinz toyota posts?
if you click on your user name it gives you a choice to veiw public profile sent pm etc etc. you choose veiw public profile then choose veiw threads started by mickey. your posts will be there saves you looking through the wanted section for them (im sure chris has a better way of doing this but this way works for me)
karlolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-06-2008 , 01:46 PM #6
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlokennedy
hi mickey was it the heinz toyota posts?
if you click on your user name it gives you a choice to view public profile sent pm etc etc. you choose veiw public profile then choose view threads started by mickey. your posts will be there saves you looking through the wanted section for them (im sure chris has a better way of doing this but this way works for me)
Exactly, karlokennedy -- that's a quick way to view ALL your posts. If you only want to see your Wanted ads, then use the method I outlined above.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Old Posted: 05-06-2008 , 01:47 PM #7
erica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey
Hi,

Also, is there any way (other than opening each individual post) to mark them as read? I like to check if there are new posts but don't necessarily want to have to go into each one to clear the list.....

Just a thought anyway :)

Thanks

Mickey

On the right if you click on "Forum Tools", then "Mark this Forum Read" you can mark all posts read....
erica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-06-2008 , 01:59 PM #8
Mickey

Default Thanks guys

Thanks for all the pointers. I guess I just scan things over to see for what I need and if the PC doesn't work as fast as the brain then I am on to the next thing to see if that works.

I guess my mother was right - If all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

I promise from now on I will try everything else AFTER I read the instructions.

Blessings

Mickey
Old Posted: 05-06-2008 , 05:11 PM #9
erica

All posts to which you have contributed show a blue tick on the far right , this makes it easier to scroll through the pages on the wanted section, ....
erica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-06-2008 , 09:17 PM #10
colmsmum

Default Disappearing posts?

The same thing happened to me last weekend. I was looking for a particular post in the wanted section & i couldn't find it anywhere, i even used the search button but the post was gone so i just thought it was deleted but lo & behold about 2 days later i found it again, weird or what? I'm glad it's not just me, i was starting to get a bit worried there!
colmsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 05-06-2008 , 09:23 PM #11
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmsmum
The same thing happened to me last weekend. I was looking for a particular post in the wanted section & i couldn't find it anywhere, i even used the search button but the post was gone so i just thought it was deleted but lo & behold about 2 days later i found it again, weird or what? I'm glad it's not just me, i was starting to get a bit worried there!
Hi colmsmum,

Gremlins in the Wanted Forum? I'll get the techies to check it out.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Old Posted: 05-06-2008 , 09:54 PM #12
colmsmum

Thanks Chris, on the ball as usual.

Best regards,
colmsmum.
colmsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-06-2008 , 12:47 AM #13
nono

Default Chair lift

Guess the gremlins must be active in more than the wanted section. Answered ad last week for chair lift. Tonight I have gone through every ad in every section ( including using the specific search) and cant find the ad anywhere. Its now 1.45am and I've spent since about 20 past 12 looking through every ad in every forum and its definately nowhere to be found at this time, hopefully it will turn up.
nono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-06-2008 , 12:49 AM #14
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono
Guess the gremlins must be active in more than the wanted section. Answered ad last week for chair lift. Tonight I have gone through every ad in every section ( including using the specific search) and cant find the ad anywhere. Its now 1.45am and I've spent since about 20 past 12 looking through every ad in every forum and its definately nowhere to be found at this time, hopefully it will turn up.
Hi nono,

This ad was archived a while back.

Givers are expected to respond to expressions of interest from potential Takers within 3 days.

Archived ads can be retrieved from the Archive on request from the Giver.

If an ad goes "missing" from the Public Forum, Members should presume that the item has been Taken and archived, or simply archived because of no response within 3 days in the case of Available items or no update within 6 days in the case of Reserved items.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Old Posted: 16-06-2008 , 11:05 PM #15
nono

Default Missing posts

Thanks for the reply Chris but I've seen ads where the item has been 'taken' for quite awhile and its still live for quite a long time. Another question, if you reply on public forum and then send PM's and receive PM's back, does that qualify as activity on the ad. As I said I'm relatively new to this and dont understand all the ins and outs of the site,

Thanks again,

Nono
nono is offline   Reply With Quote