JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 17-07-2009 , 01:33 PM #1
MrsHynes

Default Chest of drawers (facelift ideas?)

Hi. I have a plain white chest of drawers with black handles. Want to give it a face lift as its a handy piece of furniture to have but its just soooo plain. Any ideas?
Now also i have gotten the same in a wardrobe. A set but its very plain. Any ideas?
MrsHynes is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 17-07-2009 , 08:59 PM #2
lolo1

Hi Mrs Hynes, Have you tries using contact paper its a very teadious job and better with two people but makes a nice change. I bought some lovely little wooden shapes , bears flowers etc and some shaped beading in woodies a few years ago and painted them and used small panel pins to attach them onto the side of plain bed frames and wardropes and they were fantastic and lasted and i was able to take them off to repaint them when the room colour was changed Sorry i dont have any pics as i passed on the furniture recently Hope this gives you a few ideas Regards Lolo
lolo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-07-2009 , 12:30 AM #3
minnie pal

Default decoupage

this is fantastic and so absorbing. idea is to look for images anywhere, even on wrapping paper and cover areas in cut design and varnish over.
I have seen amazing decoupage on old furniture, doors and little boxes. I did a lovely little box i bought for next to nothing and covered it with overlapping flowers and butterflies got from wrapping paper and anywhere i saw interesting stuff.
also depends if you want mod or oldstyle, even colour photocopies of things in books can be used when cut out and pasted down.
Wallpapering a box like this is an idea, so many different types out there, again depends where it is going, strippy, flowery, etc.
or simply a lick of paint, maybe each side a different contrasting colour, pastel for adults, garish or girly for the children.
xxminnie pal
minnie pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-07-2009 , 02:32 PM #4
amelies

Default revamp

have look at the before and after board some1 did a fab job with jsut paint and stickers on a sideboard for kids might give u ideas
amelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-10-2009 , 06:48 PM #5
MrsHynes

thanks for the tips x
MrsHynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-10-2009 , 07:40 PM #6
unapam

Default chest

Well Mrshynes. You could do worse than have a look at all the lovely chests of drawers done by JTers on this forum. Seems there are more chests of drawers revamped than anything else?

Knobs can make a real transormation on a chest of drawers even without paint. As for paint, I am never afraid to paint anything as if I don't like it I can just paint again! Good luck with it.
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote