Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 20-10-2009 , 11:29 PM #31
dee1

Quote:
Originally Posted by unapam
My husband has just asked me to make him a Dr Who scarf for Christmas. I'd better get going as this thing is about 12 feet long! It will be a great way to use up my oddments of wool although I wll want to keep close to the colours in the original. I found a pattern online and it is so easy - just very long.

Just cast on 65 stitches and garter stitch (plain knit stitch every row) for twelve feet changing colours as shown in photo.

brill, i do alot of knitting myself,last project was baby blankeys for my friend for pram, cot and bed and lined them .
its a great way or relaxing and somany ideas you can do like different patterns done in patchwork.you cant beat a personalised gift every time is my motto...
dee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 27-10-2009 , 05:40 PM #32
unapam

Default Crafting Christmas Tutorials

If you are looking for ideas and instructions/tutorials on how to make Christmas or other presents you can go to Youtube.com and search for anything....ie. making a hat tutorial....or icing a christmas cake tutorial or whatever you want to make....Put in the word tutorial along with what you want to make and you will find lots of ideas...Good luck!
unapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 28-10-2009 , 12:19 AM #33
dee1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmum
thats fab unapam, i really like it :)
yes recycled pressies are ok too so i will keep my eyes open for things i could use.
you have all been a great help, thanks a lot ;)
jpmum x

I have to admit I love these pages,I have got so many tips and ideas from all you jt's folk.I thought I had an imagination, but I live and learn more each day, and am doing the fairies in the jar for my garden and parents grave at the moment.My little ones love all the make and do classes that are runing on jumbletown,so theres lots of fun to be had,learning from all of you.keep up all the good work,and blessed be....dee1.
dee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-11-2009 , 10:12 PM #34
Scrabble

Heres some of the presents I made last christmas. I bought the small cushions for 50cent each and did blanket stitch around the edge. I then added flowers, beads and ribbon. The candles were really cheap too and I just cut some paper to fit all the way around,added ribbon and stuck a butterfly onto acetate(clear plastic). I sometimes keep the acetate from boxes that may have had a toy inside ect. I then cut out the butterfly and bent the wings to make it look real.

The glasses with the candle inside were drinking glasses but they were a bit too big for that,so I put some gravel in the bottom(left over from the fish bowl) and put a small candle inside. I added ribbon and the red glass beads were from christmas crackers the year before. I then put a sticker on the front.

The other stuff on the left hand side of the photo are little note holders. I cut a shape out of heavy cardboard and painted it pink. I stuck a lighter shade paper in the centre. I decorated a small notebook and pencil and stuck these on. I added some ribbon to the top so it can be hung up. I might have a better pic of these on file.

I hope they give some ideas of what can be made on a tight buget.
Happy crafting
Scrabble
Attached Images

Scrabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-11-2009 , 10:27 PM #35
Scrabble

Better pic of noteholder.
Attached Images

Old Posted: 12-11-2009 , 10:35 PM #36
Scrabble

I made these from clay last year. I just used biscuit cutters and stuck a paper clip in the back before it went hard so they can be hung up.
Attached Images

Old Posted: 12-11-2009 , 10:41 PM #37
Scrabble

Cute snowman card. Very easy to make. Just shapes cut from different colour card.
Attached Images

Old Posted: 12-11-2009 , 10:42 PM #38
Heidi123

Wow scrabble!

They are amazing - I especially love the notepad idea... oh to be creative!! Excellent work - I'm definitely going to try the glass / candle idea - not sure if I'd be creative enough to do the cushions or notepad...well done!

Heidi
Heidi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 12-11-2009 , 10:50 PM #39
Scrabble

Thanks very much. They are all really easy to do.
Old Posted: 13-11-2009 , 03:07 PM #40
TickTock

Default Ideas for homemade xmas pressies this year

This is a great place for ideas! Scrabble, really love your crafts. I'm attaching a photo of my candles here in case anyone wants to try them out, they are also in the Papercrafts section.
Attached Images

TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-11-2009 , 09:18 PM #41
Gracie123

Default nice ideas for Christmas gifts

I was searching the internet for ideas and came across a website called www.organizedchristmas.com It has lovely ideas for gifts in a jar, I like the journal in a jar (everything you need can be printed from the site for free), they have an adult and child version. They give you a list of ideas to print out and a label for the jar with instruction telling the person to use one of the ideas paste it in to a notebook and write about it in your journal. I am doing both, the adult one for my daughter to give to her granny and the child one for me to give to my daughter. I will include a nice hard covered notebook and a nice pen and use a recycled jar. In total it will cost less then 5 euro.

There are also lots of ideas for other items.
Gracie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 14-11-2009 , 11:37 PM #42
Athy55

Default Christmas

All these great ideas are putting me in the Christmas Spirit!! A good idea to use up old ties is to take 3 of them, put in a wee stitch at point to join them together and then platt them. Then pull them into a double circle (you will need a few stitches here and there to hold them together). Attach a small hook so you can hang it up as a Christmas wreath. I also use a couple of small baubles or holly here and there on them . Pick nice coloured ties and they make a very nice wreath.
I make these for our Christmas fair in work each year. I also make 'reindeer food' in baby jars for small children to use on Christmas eve.
Another good idea is to buy some plain 'short' glasses (Tesco sell 4 in a pack for around 3Euro. Purchase some black outliner and some glass paint at a craft shop. DON'T buy the glass paint that needs to be baked. You need the one that dries itself and is glossy. Now make a small temtplate of a snowman or holly or whatever Christmas design you want. (When I was starting this I used a Strawberry because it's soo easy to do). Attach the wee picture to the INSIDE of the glass with a bit of sellotape the use the black outliner to copy the design to the front of the glass. Leave it to dry, then use the glossy glass paint to decorate. It sounds difficult but it isn't. If you are going to try it start with the strawberry, you can get templates on line. These glasses can then be used with a tealight inside. An ideal gift!
Irene
Athy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-11-2009 , 12:16 AM #43
summersun

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie pal
A few people need me to say a huge 'sorry', due to illness i have been very very very tetchy, i think you have got my drift, a bit more than tetchy, er, drifting, into a snowdrift like!
I want to make some clever gifts with sincere thoughts that will be funny too. Not too difficult as the hands dont do so good on te minutae anymorre.
Any ideas. xmas suppose to be a time for forgiveness, whether that will come my way is debateable but where theres life there is hope.
huh, humbug!
xxxminnie pal

After seeing your garden makeover pics, and looking at those amazing pictures of yours, i think individual art pieces by yourself would be the best and most appreciated gift ever,,, a Minnie P original

Summersun
summersun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 15-11-2009 , 12:25 AM #44
summersun

Scrabble... Scrabble ... Scrabble ... I love those chrimbo decs!!!! especially the trees, gingerbreadmen and hearts... what about a few snowmen now ....

Did you make them with just kiddies clay,or daz??? what type of paint did you use???

aah only 40 days to Chrimbo

Summersun xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrabble
I made these from clay last year. I just used biscuit cutters and stuck a paper clip in the back before it went hard so they can be hung up.
summersun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 16-11-2009 , 10:14 PM #45
Scrabble

Thanks summersun.

I just used air drying clay(I think I got it in Art and Hobby). I used acryic paint but for the sparkley bits I used Heat It Up! embossing powder (enchanted gold) and heated it up. If you don't know about heat embossing go to Docrafts.co.uk and they have videos that show you how to use some products. Its great fun.

Happy crafting
Scrabble