JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 06-07-2010 , 09:26 AM #1
RockyD

Default "Fix It"

I have found something that is wonderful for fixing things. It is called Fix It got it in Heatons. I put it on a fish tank that started to leak now perfect I put it on a childs plastic trailor it is now fine. It is putty like you squeeze it between your fingers until it is all the same colour and put it on the the broken spot/split and leave for 30 mins perfect it costs €5 Most of these things that are advt look so easy to use and does everything are just rubbish this one does work.
RockyD is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 06-07-2010 , 11:43 AM #2
jennie

I'd be very wary of using it on a fish tank, if you have it on the outside of the tank the leak may still form and you cannout use it inside the tank you have to buy a special tank repair glue/silicone that isn't harmful to the fish so you can seal the crack from inside the tank & outside it to ensure it is completely sealed.
jennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-07-2010 , 12:25 PM #3
RockyD

Default Fix it

It is glass and it was just a crack that was leaking I put it on the outside of the crack that was a few weeks ago and everything see good since no deaths in the family. I would not recommend puting on the inside it is very strong smelling but it dries out solid and smell almost gone
RockyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 06-07-2010 , 12:43 PM #4
summersun

Hi Rocky,

Its amazing how we differ, is it jml bonding putty that you are talking about ??? as if it is i thought it was the biggest pile of S**te that i have ever bought and am waiting for a refund for it from jml.

It says it works with metal it DOSENT !!!, says it works with pvc ... IT DOSENT ... mixed mine with a glove , until it was all grey , and HOT !!!! so hope mine was just a one off, glad to hear it worked for you xx

Summersun x
summersun is offline   Reply With Quote