JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 14-07-2011 , 09:33 PM #121
shonastar

Absolutely love them, so colourful! Well done x
shonastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 18-07-2011 , 06:46 PM #122
Laineym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormal
This had been on my "to do list" all summer and 2 days ago I finally got around to doing it. Fabric, lining, wood, 2 screws and o rings from stash, bought nylon string and curtain eyes & hooks.
Instructions on how to make it are here

www.alternative-windows.com/roman-blind.htm

I stapled the blind to the wood, but the velcro is a fab idea if you need to wash it regularly. I only used 3 rods and next time I'm going to sew the rod pockets to the lining before I attach the 2 bits of fabric together.
Anyway the arrow in the pic is where it is secured to a cup hook. And it's only partially up.

Am a big fan thanks to receiving a good few items from you but only found this thread now lol...

I want to make a few roman blinds and curtains for the house so I think I'll use your link and start off with a small simple one ....

Thanks for the inspiration and the lovely creations ;-)
Laineym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 02-08-2011 , 12:51 PM #123
Gormal

Default wash powder box to bin

Thankyou everyone!

I used a large washing powder box and covered with nice patterned paper.
Now I have a groovy bin that fits between the dressing table and wall.
Attached Images

Gormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-08-2011 , 04:05 PM #124
Gormal

Default Fabric scraps, wool, old pillow to ragdoll vacumm cover

I've wanted to make one of these vacuum covers ever since I saw one in some movie. Don't know why, but I just thought it was such a clever idea.
Bear in mind I have no idea how these are made and the only thing I could find on the internet was to behead a soft toy..... nope not doing that!

So basically what I did was make a rag doll torso, using a plate to draw round for the head. I've never made a doll either so this is new to me. Make arms, stuff and pin to torso (this I didn't do first...duh eejit), sew the body and stuff the head. Then I had to figure out the gap for the handle to go in, I find it easiest to place it on the handle and pin in place, when you take it off straighten it up and sew around it. stuff it well and fit over the handle, it should sit nicely. Sew the stuffed sides closed.
Okay next up is the hair......another mystery to me but I found a tutorial and made two sets and stitched them onto the head, I decided to plait the hair for practicality.
Next up is the face, now this had me searching for quite a while as I wanted a sort of manga/anime style with the eyes. when I finally found something I liked I stitched the face on, putting pink felt for the mouth.
Off to the charity shop and found a nightie, took the front off it and was left with the skirt which I pleated to fit the doll, then I added the crossover front and sewed in place, also made a t-shirt to put under it.
It might be a better idea to make the torso with a bit at the back to slip the handle into.
Attached Images

Old Posted: 03-08-2011 , 05:02 PM #125
mondubics

Maybe I don't need to get someone to move a shelf, so the vacuum goes in a cupboard after all!
How about a family group, to include the ironing board (well, maybe it would be a bit of a giant) and sweeping brush?
Well done.
mondubics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-08-2011 , 05:29 PM #126
TickTock

I saw this in a movie too, can't remember what, where or when! Congratulations - another job well done!
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-08-2011 , 08:52 PM #127
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Clever, functional, decorative, and fun.

Well done, Gormal.

Thanks for sharing!

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-08-2011 , 09:36 PM #128
Laineym

Default Fab

Quote:
Thankyou everyone!

I used a large washing powder box and covered with nice patterned paper.
Now I have a groovy bin that fits between the dressing table and wall.

Love this - you are so talented - I have a washing powder box I must try this when it's empty ...

Laineym
Old Posted: 04-08-2011 , 11:08 AM #129
melissabell

That is so cute, I think I saw that movie too but can't remember what it was!! and the bin I'm definitely going to make one of those for my bedroom really brilliant idea!!!!
melissabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 04-08-2011 , 11:10 AM #130
melissabell

Quote:
Been wanting to make these for ages but wasn't able to get a hold of felt until this week. I'm still at it but here are the first Plushies of the machine. Frankie the green monster is made from a t-shirt the other two are from felt sheets I picked up at a car booter. I hand stitched the felt eyes etc on.
One looks more like a carrot than monster...lol the cat is also from an old tee.

I'm a real cat person, I love the cat!!! if you make more please let me know, I'd love one!!! you should definitely sell them and I'm first in line :)
Old Posted: 13-08-2011 , 03:36 PM #131
Gormal

Default Multi-purpose Bag

I'm off for a wee trip soon and thought it would be nice to have an overnight bag so I don't have to lug my rucksack in and out of B&Bs on route.
I also thought it would be good if I could get my sewing machine into it... when not traveling! So this is my overnight/weekend/sewing machine bag.
Fabric remnants off JT, Zip from Maggied (thank-you 1 left now). Own pattern.
Basically it's a big bowling styled bag, it took 3 days to finish and I was really glad that the S. Machine fitted in it, but only just.
The straps run from side to side under the bag for support, are long enough to go on the shoulder and short enough to carry. it has a large zip pocket inside as well as 2 compartments on the opposite side. I also put a pocket on the front too.
Attached Images

Old Posted: 13-08-2011 , 07:55 PM #132
TickTock

I love the bag Gormal - its fab!
TickTock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 13-08-2011 , 08:50 PM #133
shonastar

Absolutely stunning Gormal, am in awe!
shonastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 13-08-2011 , 09:09 PM #134
Laineym

Default Wow

Wow that is fabulous - you could go into business selling those - if I ever get a sewing machine I'll give you a shout for the pattern...

Laineym
Old Posted: 13-08-2011 , 10:17 PM #135
melissabell

That's brilliant, I've a bought one for mine and it's so boring looking, My mum needs one so I might try one like yours :) You really need to set up a shop :)