JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Green Tips & Green Fingers
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 10-10-2011 , 03:03 PM #1
madfrozen

Default Irish Seed Savers

Hi, just got back from a visit to ISSA (Irish Seed Savers Association). They are based in Scarriff in Clare and I had wanted to visit for a long time. They have a good chunk of land and its really interesting. They do workshops etc. But they are very into collecting and preserving indigenous seeds from Ireland. Particularly vegetable, flower and fruit trees.

I had wanted to buy some wild flower seeds but I had wanted to get some that are particularly Irish as its better for the general environment and also they tend to grow better. Many external varieties of plants are putting Irish plants at risk.

Just thought I would let you all know as you can order on line. I got some vegetable seeds for next year and also some packs or Irish Wild Flower seeds.

They are a registered charity apparently. They are doing good work in saving old fashioned irish seeds and plants.

They have an interesting website and are well worth a visit, online and at their farm.
madfrozen is offline   Reply With Quote
JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 15-08-2013 , 10:47 PM #2
humdinger

Default irish seeds

thats great to hear i'm into flowers (i'm a florist) and im big into gardening i had no idea there was such a place as irish seed savers assocation thank you for that do you have their address and web address please i have been saving seeds every year and my friends collect seeds for me.... thank you for the info....
humdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 16-08-2013 , 05:39 PM #3
4bordercollies

Default Irish Seed Savers

They are open tomorrow for Heritage Garden Day from 12 - 5 pm. This is their website, www.irishseedsavers.ie . I buy all my vegetable seeds and flower seeds there and have had great success in saving the seeds for the next year. Well worth a visit to their gardens and polytunnels. Enjoy.
4bordercollies is offline   Reply With Quote