JumbleTown Sponsored Links

Old Posted: 22-06-2007 , 12:06 AM #2
Chris P
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday
we need a jumbletown in Galway too.

Hi sunday,

You're right -- we need more JumbleTowners in Galway and the West in general. It's partly to do with population numbers and density but also media coverage there. As far as I know, the only piece about JumbleTown in the West has come from the Galway-based "Ur Dream Home" magazine (please see here: http://www.jumbletown.ie/images/scan.jpg.

Around 20 radio stations and several newspapers and websites around the country have helped to promote JumbleTown by way of interviews or advertisements: please see here: http://www.jumbletown.ie/media2.htm)

The Local Authorities listed in the links at the top of each page of the website have also supported JumbleTown's ethos of "life-cycling" (re-use) under the "Local Agenda 21 Scheme."

JumbleTowners themselves have also been active in spreading the word. Simply telling a relative, friend, or neighbour is one of the most effective ways to increase the number of Givers and Takers in an area or region.

If you wish to help spread the word in your community or workplace, you can download an A4 JumbleTown poster in word document format here:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/posters.htm

Thanks for the feedback, sunday.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-06-2007 , 11:26 PM #3
colmsmum

Default Galway

Hi there,

My aunt has a shop in gort so i'm going to print a few poster's and ask her to put one in her shop and distribute a few more (if she's willing). The site is fantastic but it would be great if more people knew about it, give it time though!

Regard's,

Colmsmum.
colmsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-06-2007 , 11:38 PM #4
Chris P
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by colmsmum
Hi there,

My aunt has a shop in gort so i'm going to print a few poster's and ask her to put one in her shop and distribute a few more (if she's willing). The site is fantastic but it would be great if more people knew about it, give it time though!

Regard's,

Colmsmum.

Thanks, Colmsmum. We certainly need more JumbleTowners in the West.

Over the past few weeks, we've been promoting the site (radio and newspaper ads plus a couple of interviews) in the Local Authority areas listed at the top of this page.

Tomm Dowling of KCLR 96fm (Kilkenny/Carlow Local Radio) very kindly gave us an interview today. We expect to be on Shannonside Radio (Roscommon, Leitrim, Longford) and hopefully a few more stations early next week.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 23-06-2007 , 12:30 AM #5
colmsmum

Default The West

That's fantastic, hopefully the site will get a lot more member's from all the promotion, the more the merrier i say. Could do with a few more in westmeath aswell, will see what i can do!!!

Keep up the Brilliant work,

Colmsmum.
colmsmum is offline   Reply With Quote