JumbleTown Ireland

Go Back   JumbleTown Ireland > Green Zone > Before & After (Upcycling)
User Name
Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 21-03-2009 , 12:06 AM #16
sidhe.eire

I once used all my leftover candle wax to make a large rainbow coloured pyramid candle i used the ferrero rocher pyramid shaped box as a mould...just melted the wax bain marie style!! looked deadly too :)
sidhe.eire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-03-2009 , 12:30 AM #17
colmsmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidhe.eire
I once used all my leftover candle wax to make a large rainbow coloured pyramid candle i used the ferrero rocher pyramid shaped box as a mould...just melted the wax bain marie style!! looked deadly too :)

Great idea, must give that a go. I'll have to start hinting for a box of ferrero rocher, mothers day coming up and all.....:)
colmsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-03-2009 , 12:36 AM #18
sidhe.eire

Default hey :)

Yep sounds like a plan to me!! hope u have a lovely mothers day :) forgot to say i let each layer dry b4 the next one went in... i must try putting them in all together swirly like to see if the colours stay seperated...anyways off to bed now to dream of ferrero rocher's!! Ciao x
sidhe.eire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 21-03-2009 , 10:24 PM #19
cavalin

l use a washed red bull can as a mold,cut the top off and punch a hole in the end and tread the wick through,use a small screw to seal it, when the wax is set you just need to peel the can away without any bother. it works a treat.
cavalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 22-03-2009 , 01:38 AM #20
colmsmum

There's no need for expensive moulds. Yoghurt pots, Margarine tubs, Milk cartons, Drinks bottles, Plastic/Polystyrene cups, Glasses, Old tea light holders can all be recycled and used as candle moulds. As well as the ones mentioned above. I'm sure there's more but they're all I can think of off hand. They can also be lined with grease-proof paper so they can be reused again & again.
Old Posted: 23-03-2009 , 12:58 PM #21
colmsmum

Hi Hurl,

These are the ones I have at the moment, 26 in total. They're mainly xmas ones but I'm starting to use my spring one's now so I'll have lots of pinks, blues, yellows etc in another couple of months. Your welcome to all or some if you like.

Best regards,
colmsmum.
Attached Images

Old Posted: 25-03-2009 , 02:51 PM #22
paprika

This looks stunning! It's great idea. May I ask what did you use for the wick?

regards,
p
paprika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 25-03-2009 , 08:28 PM #23
colmsmum

Hi Paprika,
I use wicks! You can buy them in craft shops or Ebay etc, pre-cut or cut to size.
Regards,
colmsmum.
Old Posted: 10-04-2009 , 10:29 PM #24
jenniferalan

Hi bibi

Im just wondering when u scoop out the melted max from the candle and put it in a tea light is it possible to re-use the wick from the old tea light or do u put in a new wick?

Thanks Colmsum - must look up some ebay shops for wicks!
jenniferalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 11-04-2009 , 12:57 AM #25
Bibi

Default Candles/Wax/ Etc.....

Hi Jen,

This is a way of saving your nice candles...just light & let it burn for a little while. Put the flame out & then carefully remove enough of the warm wax from the candle to make space for a tea light. When that tea light is used, remove it & pop a fresh one. It will seem as if your candle is burning, but no.....just the tea light....don't think I explained it very well first time round... :) I suppose you could refill the tea lights & replace wicks, but they are so reasonable to buy, I don't thing it would be worth the hassle.

Happy candling!!

Bibi :)
Bibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-05-2009 , 03:03 PM #26
Ellerocko25

Oh my gosh, I am so addicted to those little yankee tarts too, they send out such a great smell and so strong too there gorgeous, I've never ever thought of keeping the wax thats left, I always throw it out.. I'm moving into a new house soon and I've sworn I won't use them anymore because I always tip off the table there on and knock the oil burner.. and I don't wanna ruin my new carept haha , I'm going to be having withdrawl symptoms haha, for sure..
Ellerocko25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-05-2009 , 05:48 PM #27
Lucylugs

Default Wax crayons

Hi all,
I've made candles before and when I mixed all the bits together they were a dull colour so I added some of my little girls old crayons to brighten them up.
It works a treat!
Lucylugs
Lucylugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 03-05-2009 , 11:08 PM #28
Ellerocko25

Did I say yanky tarts haha , LMAO..
Ellerocko25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 19-09-2009 , 10:24 AM #29
Laura h1

Default Candle wax melt

hi can i put my hat in the hat for your wonderful eco idea and maybe write down instruction for me how to do - my husband is a candle addict and i hate seen bits of candles dumped thanks laura
Laura h1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 30-11-2009 , 12:12 PM #30
Izzyizzy

Default Love Jt

Hi all, This is exactly the reason why I love Jumbletown. Its all tthe wonderful people out there who have the fab ideas and the willingness to share them. What a fantastic bunch of people you all are. The way you all share and give to others. its just great. keep up the good work everyone. I too have found new homes for all the excess things I have in my home and thank you to all the people who wanted to take all the things I put up on here.

Pam.(izzyizzy)
Izzyizzy is offline   Reply With Quote