Password
HOME FAQ Register Search Mark Forums Read

Old Posted: 26-07-2008 , 05:34 PM #31
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl
having read this thread this morning now i have been a victim of the disappearing posts!!! maybe as a result of airing my annoyance at the result of a "name pulling from a hat" for someone to be pulled from a hat they were never in!! i suppose this post will go missing too
Hi newgirl,

As I've stated on this thread several times before, apart from the occasional accidental deletion of ads by Admin (twice in two years in my case), ads DON'T go missing from the forums for no reason. If a Member can't access an ad, he/she should assume that the item has been Taken or else archived by Admin because of no updates from the Giver, or because the ad or post shouldn't have been posted in the first place.

The title of your post above alludes to a "Buggy" ad. This was archived around an hour ago as it had been marked as Taken by the Giver. It was also at the top of the forum and Admin endeavours to keep the top of the listings free of Taken items.

As for the eventual Taker's name not being "in the hat", a Member could have asked for their name to be put in the hat by way of PM.

Incidentally, Admin doesn't encourage "name in the hat"/raffle ads in general, as the the ads/threads become like strings of sausages and potential Takers may feel they are being strung along if the Giver allows it to run for more than 3 days. My comments here are not referring to any particular "name in the hat" ad, most of which are well-managed by the Giver, but still, Admin is not in favour of them. As it is, JumbleTown's rules state that the Giver is free to Give to the first, second or tenth respondent.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-07-2008 , 05:39 PM #32
Chris P
Administrator

Default from Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgirl
...disappearing posts!!! maybe as a result of airing my annoyance at the result of a "name pulling from a hat" for someone to be pulled from a hat they were never in!!
Hi newgirl,

If you have a problem with a Member, you should get in touch with Admin -- you should not post on the Public Forum. Our "Poster's Etiquette" post states:

"JumbleTown Admin would prefer if all disputes/problems of a personal nature between JumbleTowners were referred directly to us and NOT posted on the Public Forum. Settling disputes in private is far better than posting (flaming!) in public."

Please see here:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4673

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Chris P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Posted: 26-07-2008 , 07:11 PM #33
giggs

Default !

i agree it is a great site if not a bit addictive and i have recieved many items which my children have been delighted with however in this case i do feel like i have been strung along to a degree as the giver in the case{which i was watching with interest} has been on line several times without updating thread but me being the nice sincere person that i am will have no sour grapes or bare grudges i will just be more aware in future and "not take it so seriously" so from now on its fun! fun! fun! on jumbletown
giggs is offline   Reply With Quote