PDA

View Full Version : Jumbletown in the UK

oneill_fi
15-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Hello there,

I'm forever promoting Jumbletown to friends and family and now friends and family in the UK have asked me if there is something similar in the UK.

Does jumbletown.ie have a partner website in the UK which I can recommend?

Chris P
15-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi oneill_fi,

We set up JumbleTown UK the same time as JumbleTown Ireland but quickly discovered that handling just one site was enough in terms of promotion and management.

So, we decided to take down the JumbleTown UK site and concentrate on the Irish one. All going well, JumbleTown UK might be in operation again in the future but there is no time-scale as yet. We still have a lot of work to do promoting jumbletown.ie in the west and north of the island of Ireland. (Though technically a part of the UK, Northern Ireland is considered to be within jumbletown.ie's catchment area for geographical reasons.)

Finally, thanks for telling all your family and friends about JumbleTown Ireland. Much appreciated!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

unapam
05-06-2007, 04:32 PM
Just thought you'd like to know that when I teach the Internet in my job as an adult ed. tutor I always use Jumbletown as one of the first sites they learn to use, and have also printed out posters for the notice boards in three centres....."the power of one" .....Keep up the good work - best run site of its kind!

Chris P
05-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Just thought you'd like to know that when I teach the Internet in my job as an adult ed. tutor I always use Jumbletown as one of the first sites they learn to use, and have also printed out posters for the notice boards in three centres....."the power of one" .....Keep up the good work - best run site of its kind!

Hi unapam,

Many thanks to you and your students.

Keep up the good work yourself! "Life-long learning" and "life-cycling" (as in "re-use" on JumbleTown) = a nifty combination.

Regards
Chris P
Admin