PDA

View Full Version : Welly Tree

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
04-10-2010, 08:44 PM
What do you do on a wet day but play in the shed? Haven't got a before photo as I used bits and pieces left over from other jobs, a newel post from a stairs that was removed, some wooden dowels, an old wooden curtain pole, and off cuts of wood for the base. Drilled holes at 45 degree angle(sort of) slapped in some glue and stuck in the dowels. A coat of varnish and ready to go. The great thing about this is you can keep all the wellies outside and it doesn't matter if it rains as it just cleans the boots. Also you can see the sizes as it is written on the sole and your wellies don't get full of water.:D

SLCB
05-10-2010, 12:38 AM
I love the idea of the welly tree but my dog would think I'd made a new toy for her!!! I can't even hang out clothes at the moment because she's started robbing them again (she'd stopped that months ago), I'll need Jumbletown just to replace all the things she destroyed!!!!!

Belarus
05-10-2010, 05:42 AM
Eibhlin that is absolutely fantastic. What a brilliant idea. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing. Regards.

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
05-10-2010, 09:28 AM
I love the idea of the welly tree but my dog would think I'd made a new toy for her!!! I can't even hang out clothes at the moment because she's started robbing them again (she'd stopped that months ago), I'll need Jumbletown just to replace all the things she destroyed!!!!!
Hi SLCB, a friend of mine had the same problem with her dog so she got a couple of old towels, coated the bottom few inches with hot chilli sauce and put them on the line. Poor doggy got a hot fright and hasn't touched the clothes line since!!

julfren
05-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Eibhlin you never seem to run out of brilliant ideas! Fair dues to you! And a great motto in the background - very stylishly written too!
Thanks!

Purplerain
05-10-2010, 09:55 AM
great idea keeps them dry and tidy,no more triping over wellies at the back door

Gormal
05-10-2010, 12:20 PM
LOL! I love it, what an innovative idea!!

I like the little Rabbit pot holders in the background too, they are very cool.

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
05-10-2010, 03:08 PM
LOL! I love it, what an innovative idea!!

I like the little Rabbit pot holders in the background too, they are very cool.
Hi Gormal, I got the rabbits in TKMax a couple of years ago--€3 each and just sitting there--not easter or anything. Of course I had to bring them home as I have a quirky sense of fun in the garden. Oh I also got an outdoor metal clock that day, which wasn't working, but took a risk, put in new batteries, tightened the hands, and it's working ever since!! Can you pm me your address as I have a couple of belts that you enquired about and I know you will use them for some of your projects. Eibhlin.

Mickey
05-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Brilliant idea! Have already commissioned one for me own :o).

(PS - still have a lovely vintage piece of fabric I've been keeping for you. Will be in touch when I have more than 5 minutes to myself.)

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
05-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Eibhlin you never seem to run out of brilliant ideas! Fair dues to you! And a great motto in the background - very stylishly written too!
Thanks!
Hi Julfren, I bought these little words in England recently (Dunelm Mill) as they were in a small box and didn't take up much room. I am delighted with how they look on the wall of the shed, a reminder to love, and laugh my way through life! Eibh.

unapam
08-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Pure genius!

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
08-10-2010, 09:43 PM
Pure genius!
Hi Pam, there is no copyright on this--one of these would be useful outside the door of your cottage!!

redgp
13-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Sooo cool!! I'm going to go try make one! x

Eily
12-12-2010, 09:29 PM
Very clever - looks great too

TickTock
13-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Hi Pam, there is no copyright on this--one of these would be useful outside the door of your cottage!!

Why not? Very creative, and functional, this time next year.....you could be a millionaire, if you're not one already that is!!!

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
14-12-2010, 12:15 PM
Why not? Very creative, and functional, this time next year.....you could be a millionaire, if you're not one already that is!!!
Hi TickTock, if I was a millionaire I'g get my servants to make me a welly tree--on the other hand, I wouldn't need wellies as I wouldn't have to clean up after cat, pooper-scoop after two dogs etc.
But...I am rich!! Rich in ideas and creativity, health and time, so I guess that could count, plus rich in friends and contacts...all the generous people on Jumble Town for instance. In these times of recession maybe we need to stop and count our blessings and who knows...there could be plenty of 'rich' people among us. Cheers, Eibhlin.

TickTock
15-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Well said! With you on that!