PDA

View Full Version : garden benches from a table!

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
18-07-2011, 08:30 PM
I don't have a before photo but basically we had a rectangular wooden picnic table that wasn't being used and was always in the way when cutting the grass. Inspired by the chap who made a picnic table set out of pallets, I took a saw to the table, cut it in half and cut the legs in half to make four short legs each instead of two long ones. I attached the two new legs, used some spare pieces of wood to brace the legs to stabilise them, gave them a quick coat of fencelife and now I have a new bench either side of my meditating figure. I love to sit there and watch the breeze rippling through the barley growing in the field next door.Thanks for looking, Eibhlin.

Laineym
18-07-2011, 09:39 PM
These look fabulous - what a clever idea - very cool !!! They look perfectly placed too ...

Thx for the inspiration

Laineym

melissabell
19-07-2011, 11:15 AM
These are gorgeous!!! well done, i started threatening to make patio furniture from the ideas I got here and my other half got worried as I butcher wood lol so he found me a cheap set lol :) well done I never would've been able to do that they look great :)

Gormal
19-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Looks great and really peaceful in that corner of the garden.

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
19-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks all. Got fed up looking on different sites for freebies..... finally decided to do something when I saw garden benches for sale made of....MDF. How long would they last???Am working now on various areas with some paving slabs I got a while ago...have remembered to take before and after photos. Eibhlin.

grissy
21-07-2011, 04:26 PM
Wow, they look great and I bet if you went to B&Q or somewhere like that and bought something similar it would cost a fortune and wouldn't be half as good. I love to see things created from old materials, Keep up the good work :)

Kleenqueen
13-08-2011, 08:26 PM
The best ideas are the simple ones. Well done!