PDA

View Full Version : Fabric scraps to wedding bunting

CMM
09-08-2011, 12:15 PM
Didn't take a before picture but basically I was donated a big bag of fabric scraps which I turned into gorgeous bunting for my wedding last weekend, a big thank you to Bibi for the donation!

Bunting was made by cutting out triangles, sewing them together back to back on a machine, turning them right way out and attaching them to bias tape with wonderweb :)

TickTock
09-08-2011, 04:08 PM
The bunting looks great! Well done.

paprika
09-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Well done, looks fab, it must have taken you some time! Hope you had a lovely day and congratulations!

Chris P
09-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Hi CMM,

Just when those little pieces of fabric thought they were on the scrap-heap, you rescued them, cut them down to size (in the nicest possible way), and then raised them up on high for one final Hurrah! No doubt, in their new heady surroundings, they were a little strung out at first, but when the happy wedding party arrived, they couldn't but get into the swing of things!

CMM, such eco-creativity on your part bodes well for a prosperous and happy life.
Congratulations, well done, and thanks for sharing!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

TickTock
10-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Chris, that's hilarious!!

mondubics
10-08-2011, 12:00 PM
I agree, totally hilarious! Hopefully after all that sewing, the bunting won't have had its last outing.

CMM
11-08-2011, 02:17 PM
Ha ha brilliant, no fear the bunting will be used again.....I have quite a lot so keep an eye on jumbletown for some going begging!

jessy8754
13-08-2011, 11:24 PM
i;d say job WELL done... abs. fab!!! hope u had a fab. wedding day and we wish u and yours a very happy life together....xxxx p.s. the venue looks amazing...we ourselves got married in local village church and set up a marquee out the back of our house & by god we had a ball...happy days eh!!