PDA

View Full Version : Re-used patio slabs from Leinster Road

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
15-08-2011, 11:08 PM
I got these pink paving slabs from a JTown member off Leinster road (don't remember your JT name) and had a few tasks in mind to finish off bits in the garden.
* We extended the patio area at the back, creating steps up to the grass, using eighteen slabs and a piece of kerb left over from another job.
* Ten slabs finished off the steps up to the driveway. (Just need to touch up the navy paint on the front of the steps). I used some old pieces of wood to create a flower bed between paving and garden. Now all I have to do is teach the dogs to use the step instead of charging over the new plants. There was a funny triangular piece which was filled in with cement so I stuck a few seashells into it to remind me of my week at the beach this summer. Yes we did have a summer and I swam and walked on the beach and collected seashells.
*Five slabs gave me a new front door step. The original step was rough cement and it had cracked last winter in the ice. I couldn't believe the doorstep was exactly the size of four slabs across and one slab deep--how lucky was that! All we had to get cut was one slab to fill in the piece right at the door.
*One slab topped off a concrete box built around our mains water pipe (we built this and filled it with sand to help insulate the pipe from freezing in the winter).
*The rest of the slabs finished off the area around the dog pen (no photo--too messy to be seen!!)

So 40 slabs in all and every one put to good use. I am very happy with all we were able to do. Thanks a lot to the giver. Eibhlin.

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
18-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Chris P, do you know who the giver was??

Gormal
18-08-2011, 05:39 PM
That was quite a task you undertook there, I like the pipe cover with the plant pot on top.
I'm sure the giver is delighted that they were used to the max too.
It's all looking very Spic and Span now!!

Chris P
18-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Chris P, do you know who the giver was??
Hi Eibhlin,

I've had a quick look -- are you sure it was Leinster Road (Rathmines, D6)?

Regards
Chris P
Admin

melissabell
18-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Wow, that looks great :) Well done and you'd think the pipe enclosure was a feature for the plant, Looks great, like it's always been there :)

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
18-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi Eibhlin,

I've had a quick look -- are you sure it was Leinster Road (Rathmines, D6)?

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Definitely off Leinster rd. maybe leinster place, giver may not have given full address. Just nice to see how something was re-used. eibhlin.

jessy8754
19-08-2011, 02:58 PM
great job....it must have taken hours of hard graft....plus u have given me a few ideas....well done u....x

sparkwell
19-08-2011, 07:25 PM
That's great work Eibhlin well done, the box for the water pipes is a good idea to prevent frozen pipes

Regards

Sparkwell

Laineym
19-08-2011, 08:25 PM
You did great work Eibhlín - I absolutely love the new plant pot holder aka the pipe insulator - and I totally love the new front step - well done and thanks for sharing !!!!