PDA

View Full Version : scaffold boards.

dee1
18-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Q1=So apart from walling a shed, making a table & bench,raised beds what else can they be used for????

Q2=Anyone tried to make a fence and if so how????

molly.1
10-07-2012, 10:44 AM
heres what i did,

tools needed : saw, screw gun, screws, hammer, nails, sander, router. spade.

measure your garden..... dig holes equal lengths apart.... nail and screw together in pairs...insert into holes and fill in.

saw each board into 4 and saw all in half and sand.

at each end place boards length ways on the ground, make one end 1 inch lower
make a fret work with some boards keeping in mind the dip in size.

router lengh ways across enough boards to cover entire fret work

screw all spindles cut earliar ( leave gap of 2 or 3 feet) around the edges into the base, and top with (lenghths of boards cut into 3 strips)

wallaaa home made decking mine down for 16 years, dont live there any more but its still standing as well as ever.

Womblemum
11-07-2012, 06:17 PM
My son's fence was the type builders used on new houses....concrete posts with the fence panel slotted in. He got fed up replacing the panels...they blew out in storms and the dog ate through them so he replaced with scaffold boards. He trimmed the metal bits off each end and cut the end to the required thickness, know he used an electric tool but not sure what - may have been a router?, then just slotted the boards horizontally into the upright posts. His neighbours were so impressed then have had him do theirs! The boards are not expensive and at 9inches wide it does not take too many to do each section of fence + you can do it bit by bit as the wallet allows.