PDA

View Full Version : Splash Back

Numph
25-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Hi - I put a post up weeks ago re Splash back ideas for a kitchen that is in an old refurbished house but with Mod cons and I now know more or less what I am doing. I have purchased a retro poster called ' Now Im really cooking ' and I have got toughened glass to put on top of it.

But does nayone have any suggestions as to what I can stick the poster to the wall with prior to fitting the glass ( wall is nice and flat newly plastered) - I dont want it to slip inside once the glass is up - the paper is relatively thick so not sure about wall paper paste - Any ideas

Numph

Sizlak68
13-08-2013, 04:52 PM
I have glass splashback.

Attach to poster to the back of the glass not to the wall. You can use sellotape and bring the tape over the top of the glass and around the sides. Use a clear silicone to fix the glass to the wall (a strip down each side and across the top and bottom should suffice. You can then trim the visible tape with a a sharp blade. Just be sure that there is enough tape till sticking to the glass to make sure it doesn't slip. If you use an adhesive it will most likely show. Try a bit on some different glass first, (you can probably get some small offcuts from your local glass fitter. Alternatively whack a sliothar through you window and say the kid next door did it.

palminnie1
18-09-2013, 06:40 PM
thanks for tips! looking for some place to take photos of a silk screen print i did in the 70's at art college. was going to use actual material but now want t photograph it. anyone know where i can get this done on abudget wicklow/dublin? thanks in advance