PDA

View Full Version : Trying to paint frames and waredrobe !

Rubyblues2013
21-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Hiya
ive got some frames i want to paint white. They are all wodden and soe have a gloss look off them. Ive given then a coat of primer and tried painting white on them and its just going on like glue. When i paint back over it comes off. What is the trick to this? Do i need more coats of primer? Ive also tried painting a waredrobe with 3 coats of primer and the white still isnt going on right!
I thought this would be easy! Any advice appreciated

Thanks

CarienR1
21-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Hiya
ive got some frames i want to paint white. They are all wodden and soe have a gloss look off them. Ive given then a coat of primer and tried painting white on them and its just going on like glue. When i paint back over it comes off. What is the trick to this? Do i need more coats of primer? Ive also tried painting a waredrobe with 3 coats of primer and the white still isnt going on right!
I thought this would be easy! Any advice appreciated

Thanks
paint with emulsion first and then gloss after the emulsion dried

bridget1204
14-10-2013, 08:09 PM
hi ,Anne Sloan ,ALL PURPOSE PAINT ,will paint over anything and cover any colour

JasmineColroe
31-01-2014, 06:29 AM
I think you should not go with white color. Go on with Black color to paint your waredrobe.

denkarma
31-01-2014, 09:55 PM
If they have a Gloss Finish then they will need to be lightly Sanded before applying the Primer or and Paint finish.