PDA

View Full Version : taker brought me chocolates!!!

ruthiechad
23-10-2007, 09:52 PM
hi there, just wanted to give a little praise.. i gave something recently and the person who came to collect it brought me a box of chocolates, I wasn't expecting it but it was a lovely gesture,another person said she'd post me something but didn't want the postage cost! next time I take something I'm going to bring a little something to the giver. this is a great site, I'm getting everyone I know involved in it. keep up the good work.

Chris P
23-10-2007, 10:04 PM
hi there, just wanted to give a little praise.. i gave something recently and the person who came to collect it brought me a box of chocolates, I wasn't expecting it but it was a lovely gesture,another person said she'd post me something but didn't want the postage cost! next time I take something I'm going to bring a little something to the giver. this is a great site, I'm getting everyone I know involved in it. keep up the good work.

Yes, ruthiechad, JumbleTown and JumbleTowners are full of surprises.

Thanks for spreading the word!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Living in Lucan
26-11-2007, 11:55 PM

Living in Lucan here....I echo that.... I gave away a chair last week and the takers sister came to collect it with a bottle of wine for me! So thank you very much fellow Jumblers... :) Regards.... Valerie

junkrocks
11-01-2008, 12:59 PM
We had that experience once on another website. We were giving a table and the taker gave us some rather yummy chocolate biscuits. On another occassion we were giving some bedside lockers and the lady gave us a bottle of wine. Its all in the spirit of sharing I guess.

This website is wonderful. It is an excellent idea.

smiley sammy
14-01-2008, 06:56 PM
We had that experience once on another website. We were giving a table and the taker gave us some rather yummy chocolate biscuits. On another occassion we were giving some bedside lockers and the lady gave us a bottle of wine. Its all in the spirit of sharing I guess.

This website is wonderful. It is an excellent idea.

ahhh how nice!!!

Karolankan
14-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I also gave some stuff away recently and the takers gave me a gift of a bottle of wine and a box of yummy biscuits. I didn't expect it at all and was really chuffed.

dragonlady
30-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Hiya, I was lucky enough to get some books from "ilikecake" I brought her a cream cake as a small token of gratitude. It's a brilliant site, which Im addicted to. both giving and receiving.

Poppy
01-10-2009, 06:05 PM
hiya, I always give chocs or somthing similar whenever I get anything off jtown. I dont think I did the first time I got an item which was the superman dummy so apologies Elbo if I didnt. He's still alive and well. The giver never seems to expect somthing but I always feel its a nice gesture if I am getting somthing I need for nothing. I never expect anyting for the items i've given mind you as I am always just glad to get rid of whatever it is but its always nice to be appreciated at the same time.

char
03-10-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi,I gave 2 items in the same day to different people.1 brought me a bottle of wine and the other a box of chocolates.It was a really lovely gesture and really appreciated.

GuinnessGirl
03-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi,

I also gave things away recently and one taker gave me 2 bottles of wine for a cotbed ! (sorry but I cannot remember your JT name but if you read this you'll know & thank you!)

Also received some choocies for my children not so long back from Philomena (you'll remember Philomena as there was a funny story about the item you took from me hee hee) but thank you for the thought!

Love this site and think the kind spirit of the JT'ers is just Fabb!!!

Philomena6196
09-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Hi,

I also gave things away recently and one taker gave me 2 bottles of wine for a cotbed ! (sorry but I cannot remember your JT name but if you read this you'll know & thank you!)

Also received some choocies for my children not so long back from Philomena (you'll remember Philomena as there was a funny story about the item you took from me hee hee) but thank you for the thought!

Love this site and think the kind spirit of the JT'ers is just Fabb!!!

D'oh I remember, i think i got u the wrong phone credit too lmao. I wouldnt know a good wine if it bit me in the ass so i stick to choccies mostly. i love my shed btw, I owe you a drink for that :-)

I always like to bring something small, i feel awful taking items if for whatever reason i cant bring something, maybe no money or just no time to stop at shop, yet i dont expect anything so i try to tell myself that when fighting off embarrassment knocking on someones door lmao

I got scratchcards from the mammy and i won 4 euro yay, now theres good karma lol

GuinnessGirl
09-10-2009, 10:02 PM
D'oh I remember, i think i got u the wrong phone credit too lmao. I wouldnt know a good wine if it bit me in the ass so i stick to choccies mostly. i love my shed btw, I owe you a drink for that :-)

I always like to bring something small, i feel awful taking items if for whatever reason i cant bring something, maybe no money or just no time to stop at shop, yet i dont expect anything so i try to tell myself that when fighting off embarrassment knocking on someones door lmao

I got scratchcards from the mammy and i won 4 euro yay, now theres good karma lol

Hi Philomena,
Remembered the phone credit AFTER I posted so sorry about that and NO....the phone credit was right so thanks for that!!!!!!! Glad shed ok...enjoy missus..you deserve it!

I got my FIRST freebie there the other day YAYYYYYY and took along a wee box chocs....!!!!

Philomena6196
10-10-2009, 10:00 AM
Hi Philomena,
Remembered the phone credit AFTER I posted so sorry about that and NO....the phone credit was right so thanks for that!!!!!!! Glad shed ok...enjoy missus..you deserve it!

I got my FIRST freebie there the other day YAYYYYYY and took along a wee box chocs....!!!!

What did you get, you NEVER ask for anything! Too busy giving lol. I wish i had something you needed!

Did you ever get your photos off that old laptop? My dad is good at stuff like that, i wonder could he help you?

laracroft
26-01-2010, 01:26 AM
Ever since i was little,my parents when we wud go visiting would take my moms hme made bread or a botle of smeting 2 da house we wud visit,i nevr go 2 a friends hse nw without a little present,i think alot of irish people do,anyway i couldnt pick up an item 4rm a jt'er because of snow and ice bt she kept it for me and i gave her a litle box of chocolates,il be doing the same nxt time,its just a little thing 2 say thank you for being so sound.jumbletwn is great,alota kind people here.xx