PDA

View Full Version : How to say thanks to giver?

northsider
03-12-2007, 04:17 PM
I recently received 2 beautiful pieces of furniture from this site. The process was so easy - I was lucky enough to be picked by both givers and now my home has been transformed. I really can't thank these people enough and would love to let them know how grateful I am...I've sent both of them private messages thanking them but I don't think it's enough...do other 'takers' thank their 'givers' by sending a card or something ( although we don't always get an address I know)? I see down below, that someone got a box chocolates, and I'm raging I hadn't thought of doing that - both my items were collected by family who I hadn't seen before they left...Anyway, it's a great site and I hope I will someday be in a position to be a giver here! Well done jumbletown,
M

Chris P
03-12-2007, 08:34 PM
I recently received 2 beautiful pieces of furniture from this site. The process was so easy - I was lucky enough to be picked by both givers and now my home has been transformed. I really can't thank these people enough and would love to let them know how grateful I am...I've sent both of them private messages thanking them but I don't think it's enough...do other 'takers' thank their 'givers' by sending a card or something ( although we don't always get an address I know)? I see down below, that someone got a box chocolates, and I'm raging I hadn't thought of doing that - both my items were collected by family who I hadn't seen before they left...Anyway, it's a great site and I hope I will someday be in a position to be a giver here! Well done jumbletown,
M

Hi northsider,

A PM or post of thanks on the thread is always a good idea. As for a small token of appreciation, well, obviously it's a nice gesture but there is no rule/policy on JumbleTown which says that a Taker must pass on something to the Giver. It's up to the discretion of Takers.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

lizzyd66
11-12-2007, 07:39 PM
I think it would depend on the item in question. If it was a nice piece of furniture I would buy some chocs or bottle of wine. I also look at the persons posts and see if they are looking for something that I might have lying around. You would be suprised that number of people who collect things from you who don't even send a PM to thank you - , particularly if they got someone else to collect it/or it was for a child . It is nice to know that the person who replied or if toys the child the person wanted them for is enjoying the item.

cheddarlane
11-12-2007, 08:05 PM
I always TRY and give something..

Used to give wine, but usually chocs of some sort..

when baby gives me a minute to get to shop.

I have gave away a few items recently, and to be honest 2 of the people didn't even say the words thanks??

Just depends on the person.

I have received nothing for items given... But I give as that is just the way is was brought up.