PDA

View Full Version : is deleting a post necessary ?-- wanted section

cascais
05-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi Dave or Chris,

i hope this has not been asked already a million times before, i have browsed the support forum but i cannot find the answer...

i have a question regarding the wanted section:
Once you have had a reply to your wanted post and collected the item, is there an option to select "collected" or "taken". I am not quite sure how to close these type of threads. I have been deleting thos posts once i have found the item i was looking for, I am right? is this the only way to close these types of threads ?

thanks a lot for your advice
kind regards
cascais

Chris P
05-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Hi Dave or Chris,

i hope this has not been asked already a million times before, i have browsed the support forum but i cannot find the answer...

i have a question regarding the wanted section:
Once you have had a reply to your wanted post and collected the item, is there an option to select "collected" or "taken". I am not quite sure how to close these type of threads. I have been deleting thos posts once i have found the item i was looking for, I am right? is this the only way to close these types of threads ?

thanks a lot for your advice
kind regards
cascais

Hi cascais,

Members are able to "soft delete" threads/ads -- this means that the information on the thread/ad is removed from public view but the ID of the poster remains visible. Only Admin can fully delete the thread/ad.

There is no option to mark an item as "Found" or "Collected."

Regards
Chris P
Admin

cascais
05-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi chris,

good to know i was doing the right thing ..-)

thanks a million for your reply.

kind regards

cascais