PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Forum

Richie
20-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Looking through the wanted forum, I noticed a lot of bumped posts with no actual replies. Indeed, I've posted there a few times and had no reply. It seems people with something to offer don't check the wanted forum before posting.

I myself don't check either, I'm not trying to tell people what to do. What I am doing is suggesting that the wanted forum be reconsiddered, and maybe replaced with a system where the poster specifies whether the item is offered or wanted, as with the "Taken/Reserved/Available" option.

What do other JumbleTowners think? Perhaps more importantly, what do the admins think?

cascais
20-02-2008, 08:51 PM
hi richie,

i think this has come up before...
anyway, here is what i think...
i have managed to get many items through the wanted section and have myself given a few items.
it does save me from posting on the thread, taking a picture and also verify that the person taking the item, actually wants it , or even more important need one and cannot find one/ cannot afford one/ does not want to pay for one. I personally find it very usefull.
regarding bumping you are right , there are a lot of bumps, but at the same time, you are showing that you are still interested in having this item.
sometimes i read through the wanted ads, and i think, i have one of those, but the add is from september, he probbaly already got one... whereas if that person bumped, i would have known there were still looking for it.

the only thing i would recommend for the wanted section is to have the same format as the offering pages as in what item, what city and county and maybe when it was posted . it takes a long time to open all the requests and find out they are at the other end of the country...

not sure if you share my opinion, but thought it was worth posting.

hope that helps,

kind regards

cascais

Chris P
20-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Looking through the wanted forum, I noticed a lot of bumped posts with no actual replies. Indeed, I've posted there a few times and had no reply. It seems people with something to offer don't check the wanted forum before posting.

I myself don't check either, I'm not trying to tell people what to do. What I am doing is suggesting that the wanted forum be reconsiddered, and maybe replaced with a system where the poster specifies whether the item is offered or wanted, as with the "Taken/Reserved/Available" option.

What do other JumbleTowners think? Perhaps more importantly, what do the admins think?
Hi Richie,

This topic was discussed on another thread a while back.

You can read Admin's thoughts on the matter here:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=18309

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin