PDA

View Full Version : My item status won't change

Mickey
27-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi,

I have tried about 4 or 5 times now to change my item from 'available' to 'reserved'. I have followed instructions to the letter.

Can a moderator or adminstrator please change my item (Upright Piano - submitted by Mickey) or give me an idea as to what might be going wrong please?

Many thanks

Michelle

Chris P
27-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Hi,

I have tried about 4 or 5 times now to change my item from 'available' to 'reserved'. I have followed instructions to the letter.

Can a moderator or adminstrator please change my item (Upright Piano - submitted by Mickey) or give me an idea as to what might be going wrong please?

Many thanks

Michelle
Hi Michelle,

I've marked your item as "Reserved."

You say you followed the instructions...
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/userguide/TakenItem.html
...but that your item didn't change status.

This may be because you inadvertently scrolled back over the box indicating "Reserved" and it popped back on to "Available." Other than that, gremlins in the works, though I don't think that is the case.

Thanks for using JumbleTown.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Mickey
28-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Thanks Chris. Help much appreciated. Gremlins I think it is. I could concede once (maybe twice) scrolling back over onto 'available' - but 5 times? Definitely Gremlins......

Thanks

Michelle

Chris P
28-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Definitely Gremlins......
Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I'll get the techies to investigate the possibility of gremlins in the system, though methinks there may have been a problem with the page-view. Usually, after making a post or changing the status of an item, it is necessary to press the F5 key (top row of your keyboard) to refresh your page-view in order to see the latest changes.

As I say, I ask the techies to investigate.

Regards
Chris P
Admin