PDA

View Full Version : Radio interview

Womblemum
09-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi
Heard the interview on Country FM today by Des (founder of Jumbletown) so now we have a voice, how about a pic to complete the image??? HaHa, maybe pics of all the mods so they are not just faceless wonders which they are at the moment!!! Well done to all of you for the great work involved in maintaining a great and green site.
Thanks
D

Chris P
09-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi
Heard the interview on Country FM today by Des (founder of Jumbletown) so now we have a voice, how about a pic to complete the image??? HaHa, maybe pics of all the mods so they are not just faceless wonders which they are at the moment!!! Well done to all of you for the great work involved in maintaining a great and green site.
Thanks
D
Hi Womblemum,

Yes, we are involved in a small promotional campaign at the minute, hence the interview on Dublin's Country Mix FM 106.8 (thanks to Lynsey Dolan, the presenter, and all the team at the station).
You can listen on-line...here:
http://www.countrymix.ie/

In April and May, we'll be running ads on local/regional stations in our efforts to spread the word about JumbleTown. Fifteen local authorities around the country recognise the environmental/community service that the site provides and have given us some money for advertising. This money comes from the Local Agenda 21 Scheme. For the record, the local authorities that are supporting JumbleTown in 2007/2008 are:

a. Kildare County Council
b. Kilkenny County Council
c. Clare County Council
d. Limerick City Council
e. Limerick County Council
f. Cork County Council
g. Offaly County Council
h. Louth County Council
i. South Tipperary County Council
j. Longford County Council
k. Galway City Council
l. Galway County Council
m. Meath County Council
l. Wexford County Council
m. Sligo Borough Council

As for pictures of the people behind JumbleTown, well, we really don't want to spoil an attractive site with their ugly mugs. Instead, I would ask all JumbleTowners to view the picture at the link below and to put it up on noticeboards etc or wherever they have permission. This will be a birthday present of sorts because on April 22nd...we're TWO!

http://www.jumbletown.ie/posters.htm

So, many thanks to the local authorities for their support and many thanks to you too, Womblemum, for the feedback.

Keep up the good work JumbleTowners!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

HappyHunter
09-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Thanks to all admin at jumbletown for a great service.

I recently printed off about 10 posters from jumbletown and went from shop to shop in my local area asking them if I could post them on noticeboards or if they would post in their windows. If all members did this the word would not be long in spreading.

Thank you to members who I've got things from. I am waiting to finish the work before I post some pictures. Working with almost 0 finances I hope to be a prime example of what one can do with an old house with the help of freecycle or 2nd hand buys.

HappyHunter

Chris P
09-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks to all admin at jumbletown for a great service.

I recently printed off about 10 posters from jumbletown and went from shop to shop in my local area asking them if I could post them on noticeboards or if they would post in their windows. If all members did this the word would not be long in spreading.

Thank you to members who I've got things from. I am waiting to finish the work before I post some pictures. Working with almost 0 finances I hope to be a prime example of what one can do with an old house with the help of freecycle or 2nd hand buys.

HappyHunter
Hi HappyHunter,

Many thanks for printing off and putting up the JumbleTown posters. Much appreciated!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Chris P
16-02-2009, 02:28 PM
...Must print off some posters...
Thanks for the support, elbo!

Posters:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/posters.htm

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Womblemum
16-02-2009, 02:55 PM
With April 22nd looming in the not too distant future and another Birthday are you having any celebrations??? Maybe an exchange meet or some such? I have met so many great people here it would be great to meet even more!!!!