PDA

View Full Version : Calling CORK area

motherdear
31-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Hello there,

I have come across this site and simply love it - and the idea of it. Two of my children really want to learn to play the piano and in this day and age how many of us can just whip out there and buy one? And here, onsite is a wonderful piano begging for a good home, but alas, it is up in Dublin and I am trying to find a courier........

Actually, the majority of the ads are for the Dublin area and it would be great fun to get more ads from the Cork and West Cork area. Go on, spread the word..............

teena
31-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Hello there,

I have come across this site and simply love it - and the idea of it. Two of my children really want to learn to play the piano and in this day and age how many of us can just whip out there and buy one? And here, onsite is a wonderful piano begging for a good home, but alas, it is up in Dublin and I am trying to find a courier........

Actually, the majority of the ads are for the Dublin area and it would be great fun to get more ads from the Cork and West Cork area. Go on, spread the word..............

Have the same problem. Two curtain poles in Cork that Id love but not worth the journey or postage. Ah well cest la vie. Is a great site. Spread the word.

motherdear
31-08-2006, 11:02 PM
there could be a business venture in this for some young enthusiastic entrepenuer............ shuffling our stuff from county to county as per request? Perhaps funding to start-up could even be subsidised as it is going to a good cause i.e recycling unwanted items etc. What think you?

teena
31-08-2006, 11:09 PM
Would be a good idea if the site were bigger and busier but doubt it would keep anyone in business at the moment.Maybe an idea for someone working as a courier already to fill an empty van on the way home if they have a regular run from Dublin to Cork.

steve wolohan
21-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Hello there,

Good One, I too have been looking through the items and to be honest , I think its a brill idea, well done, I certainly will be spreading the word and do hope it catches on in Cork and surrounding area , I am actually going around the house this evening with camera in hand :-) Well done -- posters are a printing, word is a spreading

woody
22-09-2006, 12:05 PM
there is an upright piano in woodwards auction next wednesday - it will probably go very cheap

janice joplin
22-09-2006, 12:09 PM
thanks a million for replying will check piano out at woodwards

essielou
22-09-2006, 12:37 PM
i also find that the lot of the stuff seems to be in dublin so i agree spread the word and get it going big in cork

FATMAN
22-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Hello there,

I AGREE. I AM FROM CORK ALSO. C'MON CORK START USING THIS SITE.

motherdear
22-09-2006, 11:42 PM
Now we are getting there guys...... I have told so many people about this site and about my fantastic (but sadly missed) opportuntiy of aquiring a wonderful piano for the children........... Janice, I hope your search is successful....... if you do not take that other piano in the thread, I will look into getting a courier for it and brought down here to me...........

PS the kids have said not to worry if I cannot get them a piano, they will just ask santa for one!!

filter
23-09-2006, 12:38 PM
up cork!! woo... spreading the word!!!

Finny
23-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Come on the rebels

john power
26-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Hello there,

in douglas in cork hve u seen it .
just thaught i tell u from john in douglas in cork also

motherdear
27-09-2006, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the pointer John - I am going to have to visit the site more often - I think that one is taken, but I am still looking, so thanks for alerting me to it!

Happy recycling!

Asherz_Cork
03-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Hello;

Just read your post and I have a piano free to a good home. It will need some restoration (tuning & maybe a few keys) but im sure it would be cheaper than buying a new piano.

If you are interested, please let me know.

Regards.

Chris P
03-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Hello;

Just read your post and I have a piano free to a good home. It will need some restoration (tuning & maybe a few keys) but im sure it would be cheaper than buying a new piano.

If you are interested, please let me know.

Regards.

Hi Asherz_Cork,

Please try to keep all Giving/Taking out of the Support Forum.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

motherdear
03-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Hello.
Oh yes I would still be veyr interested in a piano.......... my email is charley@iolfree.ie - and thank you very much for your kind offer. the children will be delighted!

Chris P
03-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Hi Asherz_Cork,

Please try to keep all Giving/Taking out of the Support Forum.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

I suppose "try" is the operative word.

Asherz_Cork and Motherdear: Go for it! Let's find a new home for that piano.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

motherdear
03-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Oops! Chris P - thank you for your patience....... just realised your quote box - no giving/taking on the support forum..... sorry - tip-toeing on out to go rehome that piano!

Chris P
03-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Oops! Chris P - thank you for your patience....... just realised your quote box - no giving/taking on the support forum..... sorry - tip-toeing on out to go rehome that piano!

No problem, motherdear.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

mariemum
28-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Another west cork mum here - motherdear hope you got the piano. Talk soon

Orla1973
08-07-2007, 03:07 AM
Just realised that I'm on the right site as I know I'm not to be putting any buying/selling on this section of the forum, that is great, thanks Chris P,

Regards,
Orla1973

greeneye
27-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Also in Cork.....
Would love more activity on this site also.......... I have given away so much stuff and it has been taken within hours...... Would love a piano tho?.......?