PDA

View Full Version : This site deserves an AWARD!!!

cheddarlane
12-04-2008, 06:53 PM
.......(even if in Ciber World)!!

I joined this site in Nov 06.
I came across it by mistake on looking for baby skin care samples. (freebees)

I registered and the rest is history as they say!!

I have received so many useful items on here..

(I under stand not giving animals away - but I do think it could be introduced)

I can honestly say that this site has improved my quality of life!!

Chris P
12-04-2008, 07:27 PM
.......(even if in Ciber World)!!

I joined this site in Nov 06.
I came across it by mistake on looking for baby skin care samples. (freebees)

I registered and the rest is history as they say!!

I have received so many useful items on here..

(I under stand not giving animals away - but I do think it could be introduced)

I can honestly say that this site has improved my quality of life!!
Hi Lindaleagh,

JumbleTown hasn't won any awards to date from either the environmental or web community. We're not too concerned -- we certainly haven't sought the nomination for anything. Having said that, I think the work of all JumbleTowners should be recognised by...whoever...and so we may put ourselves forward or look for a nomination in awards such as the Golden Spiders Web Awards -- I dunno -- it's not up to me.

http://www.goldenspiders.ie/

Re: Animals on JT: I really can't see us changing our "no pets/animals on JumbleTown" policy. Members and Admin discussed the pros and cons of the issue back in 2006 and most were not in favour. See here for details:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=5670

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Womblemum
14-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Ok Chris, I have emailed Golden Spider suggesting they take a look at Jumbletown and consider the site for an award! Who is going to second me?????
Dee

Chris P
14-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Ok Chris, I have emailed Golden Spider suggesting they take a look at Jumbletown and consider the site for an award! Who is going to second me?????
Dee
Thanks for that, Womblemum. I'm not sure if they are "open for nominations" yet but a shot across the bow is always a good thing. I gather the award ceremony is held in November each year with the nomination deadline being a few months before that. We hope to build up a bit more interest in the site between now and then.

Thanks again...

Regards
Chris P
Admin