PDA

View Full Version : Taken Items (Whats the difference?)

Stuarty
10-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi, I am a bit new to Jumbletown, and theres a bit I dont understand...when you post something and its taken you flag it taken, but why would you lock it and leave it on the site when there is no possibility that anyone else could have it? Why arent taken items removed so there are less threads? Even after a period of time, do they stay there forever? Maybe I have too much time on my hands to wonder these things...

Fries-With-That
10-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi, I am a bit new to Jumbletown, and theres a bit I dont understand...when you post something and its taken you flag it taken, but why would you lock it and leave it on the site when there is no possibility that anyone else could have it? Why arent taken items removed so there are less threads? Even after a period of time, do they stay there forever? Maybe I have too much time on my hands to wonder these things...

Hi Stuarty,

I think the simple answer to this is to give newcomers a chance to see what things are suitable for listing.

Regards,

Fries.

Chris P
10-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Hi Stuarty,

Taken items are left on the public forum for a number of reasons:

1. We know from feedback that New Members and visitors like to browse the listings. It also gives them an insight into the Giving and Taking process.

2. Items listed in threads pull in the Google ads that you see on the site. These ads pay for the web-hosting.

Admin endeavours to keep the top of the listings free from items marked as Taken.

Members can opt to view only the "Available" items by clicking the "Status" button at the top of the Available/Reserved/Taken column.

Thanks for the feedback, Stuarty.

Regards
Chris P
Admin