PDA

View Full Version : Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation Mobile Phone World Record Attempt

Higgeldy
21-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Jack and Jill Children’s Foundation Mobile Phone World Record Attempt
On Thursday 22nd of May 2008, the Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation in association with Meteor Mobile, 98fm and the Evening Herald, will be attempting a world record to collect as many used mobile phones in one place. The venue for this is Dublin Castle between 10am and 8pm.

All donated phones will be used by the charity to raise essential funds for sick children in Ireland. So far the charity had been donated over €1million for this waste and hope to collect 100,000 phones on the day. It is estimated that there are more than 15 million old and unwanted mobile phones in Ireland. Every year millions more phones are replaced with new models and at present less than 1 in 25 are recycled.

All mobiles collected for Jack & Jill are put to good use. Working phones are shipped to developing countries for reuse, where the huge demand far outstrips the supply of affordable new models. Damaged phones are stripped down to their individual parts and recycled. Faulty batteries are sent to a special processing plant in France where they can be safely disposed of according to strict environmental guidelines.

So please shake out your drawers and bring your old phone along to Dublin Castle on May 22nd and help us break this World Record and help our babies.

Thanks

BillieT
21-05-2008, 09:43 PM
I have 3 or 4 old phones lying around and it just so happens that I'm going to Dublin tomorrow - so I'll drop them off.