PDA

View Full Version : Reserved for ?

ruthiechad
30-05-2008, 05:29 PM
I think it would be nice if when an Item is Reserved a post is put on the thread saying reserved for USER NAME, Its nice to know who was lucky enough to recieve the item and also on a few occasions I wondered if the item was really up for grabs because everyone posted asking who had recieved it and they were the people who had asked for that particular item in the first instance, it would clear up the 'messers' if everyone knew.

Also on a second issue, I think when people have recieved an item in the wanted section they should close off the post, by marking recieved in the heading, similar to the 'Reserved,Taken' function in the offered sections, I have noticed some people's wanted ads are still up even after they have recieved their specified item.

Anyone else have any thoughts on the above?

Great site, love it, keep up the good work.

Chris P
30-05-2008, 05:54 PM
I think it would be nice if when an Item is Reserved a post is put on the thread saying reserved for USER NAME, Its nice to know who was lucky enough to recieve the item...

Hi ruthiechad,

JumbleTown allows Members to conduct their "business" in private on a public forum. Some Givers do mention that X has collected an item, but it's not JumbleTown policy. A Giver does not have to reveal the Taker of an item just as, say, a Seller usually doesn't reveal the identity of a Buyer. To be blunt, it's no one else's business, even if other Members have expressed an interest. The Giver alone decides the Taker and whether or not to indicate the identity of the Taker.

I think when people have recieved an item in the wanted section they should close off the post, by marking recieved in the heading, similar to the 'Reserved,Taken' function in the offered sections, I have noticed some people's wanted ads are still up even after they have recieved their specified item.
As far as I know, the managers/developers have no intention of introducing a heading such as "Item Received" in the Wanted forum. Instead, Members should delete their Wanted ads once they have received an item. They can do this by clicking on the "Edit Post" button at the bottom right of their ad.

As I've mentioned before on other threads, JumbleTown's Wanted forum was very much an afterthought. The site is about "I have this item -- would you like to have it?" and not "I want this item -- do you have it?" That's why the Wanted forum is technically not as sophisticated as the Givers' forums, but it DOES work. Members should use the "Search" function at the top right of the listings and take note of the "stickies" at the top of the listings.

Thanks for your thoughts on these issues.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

carmen
30-05-2008, 10:02 PM
good idea about the wanted section