PDA

View Full Version : Why are some taken items deleted and not others?

cookiedub
04-07-2008, 03:47 PM
Hello there

I'm just wondering why some items that have been marked taken are deleted and others are not? I marked an item taken just a few hours ago and see the add is now gone.

If I am advertising an item that proves really popular I'm sometimes inclined to give it to someone who has offered items themselves, or maybe someone who hasn't been quick enough to receive an item they had expressed an interest in. I found been able to look at other peoples' posts really useful to ascertain whether they might be carbooters etc.. If posts are deleted is there any other way to track who's given and received in the past?

I'm not saying I think there's anything wrong with people responding or requesting a lot. It's just useful to be able to check the archives sometimes.

Cookiedub

Chris P
04-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Hello there

I'm just wondering why some items that have been marked taken are deleted and others are not? I marked an item taken just a few hours ago and see the add is now gone.

If I am advertising an item that proves really popular I'm sometimes inclined to give it to someone who has offered items themselves, or maybe someone who hasn't been quick enough to receive an item they had expressed an interest in. I found been able to look at other peoples' posts really useful to ascertain whether they might be carbooters etc.. If posts are deleted is there any other way to track who's given and received in the past?

I'm not saying I think there's anything wrong with people responding or requesting a lot. It's just useful to be able to check the archives sometimes.

Cookiedub
Hi Cookiedub,

The general topic of "Taken Items" has come up before in the Support Forum. Please see here:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4502

Re: ways to track who's given and received in the past other than by their remaining posts on the Public Forum -- the short answer is no. Admin has around 15,000 ads in their (hidden) Archive but these can't be accessed by Members. The nature of most Members' (Giving and Taking) activity on the site can generally be ascertained even if only a few of their posts remain on the Public Forum. As I've said before on other threads, Admin has no particular interest in the number of items that an individual Member has Given or Taken. In other words, we appreciate the environmental and social value of both parts of the Giving and Taking process.

Regards
Chris P
Admin