PDA

View Full Version : jumbletown abroad

mariameca
23-07-2008, 11:11 AM
jumbletown is a fab site, i there a jumbletown site in other countries?my sister in law has just built a house in portugal and now needs it furnished

Chris P
23-07-2008, 02:27 PM
jumbletown is a fab site, is there a jumbletown site in other countries?my sister in law has just built a house in portugal and now needs it furnished
Hi mariameca,

We have had requests to set up JumbleTown in Britain*, France, India, New Zealand and a few other places but we have enough work for now looking after JumbleTown Ireland.

So, to answer your question, there isn't a JumbleTown site in Portugal but your sister-in-law should check out the FreeCycle communities there. They don't have a website as such -- instead they use Yahoo News Groups so your sister-in-law will have to register with Yahoo first of all. Please see here:

http://www.freecycle.org/group/PT/Portugal

Regards
Chris P
Admin
----------------------------------

*JumbleTown can be used by all who live on the island of Ireland. For geographical reasons, the "dot ie" domain name/URL is used. We did launch a JumbleTown.co.uk website at the same time as JumbleTown.ie, and this was intended to serve the British "mainland" but we took it down after a few days when we realised that managing the website for the island of Ireland was a monstrous task in itself!