PDA

View Full Version : I want to help!

sparklyirisheyes
08-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Hey admin!

I think this is the best idea ever! I have been a member for a couple of years now but really think I can do more to help the environment. I have been talking about it in work quite a bit and no body seems to have heard of the site. I think this is a travisty as this is such a good idea. Is there anything else I can do to help promote your site? I really think its ingenious!

I'm off now to post a jumbletown poster on our employee notice board (company has over 1500 employees so hopefully it might increase membership even a little!)

Let me know (",)

Chris P
08-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Hey admin!

I think this is the best idea ever! I have been a member for a couple of years now but really think I can do more to help the environment. I have been talking about it in work quite a bit and no body seems to have heard of the site. I think this is a travisty as this is such a good idea. Is there anything else I can do to help promote your site? I really think its ingenious!

I'm off now to post a jumbletown poster on our employee notice board (company has over 1500 employees so hopefully it might increase membership even a little!)

Let me know (",)
Hi sparklyirisheyes,

First of all, many thanks for putting up the JumbleTown poster!

Over the past two years, the JumbleTown message has spread around the country by word-of-mouth and through more formal channels such as the media and newsletters from some Local Authorities. "Local Agenda 21 Funding" from 16 of the 34 Local Authorities helps us to organise radio and newspaper ads in their respective areas for around 3 weeks of the year but we realise that there are many areas where the Jumbletown message hasn't been heard.

A while back on another thread, it was suggested that JumbleTown should accept financial donations from Members in order to promote the site more but the Managers decided that sourcing funding from central/local government, the EU, or even private companies was the best course of action in the long term. We are currently investigating these areas.

Members can help by spreading the JT message by word-of-mouth or by putting up JT posters, which can be downloaded here:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/posters.htm

Thanks again, sparklyirisheyes!

Regards
Chris P
Admin