PDA

View Full Version : Old CDs

maryargarine
16-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with old unusable CDs. I have over 100 and it seems a shame to bin them. Can't find anywhere that will recycle them.

Thanks!

Chris P
16-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with old unusable CDs. I have over 100 and it seems a shame to bin them. Can't find anywhere that will recycle them.

Thanks!
Hi maryargarine,

One suggestion for re-purposing old CDs can be found on this thread:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=32947

Most large Recycling Centres accept old CDs. Links to all of the Local Authorities/County Councils can be found at the top and bottom of JumbleTown's Home Page. Click on the your Local Authority link for details in your area.

Finally, I'm sure JumbleTowners will come up with a few more suggestions, so stay tuned!

Thanks for posting!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

mammasboys
16-09-2008, 02:50 PM
I glue two together shiny side out, hang them on a piece of string from the guttering so they hang in front of the windows. During the summer the birds often crash into my windows and these seem to stop this problem completely. Also they have the added benefit of creating what my kids call twinkles into the rooms inside as they reflect the sun. Saves the birds and lightens the landfill!

ireneo
16-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Stick them all over one of your kids jacket,trousers and hat for a fancy dress party,and give them a whip and they can go as a Disc Jockey!

unapam
16-09-2008, 05:19 PM
They can be hung from fruit trees to repel the birds from harvesting before you can!

mrsl
16-09-2008, 05:40 PM
The Jack and Jill Foundation now recycle old CD's and DVD's. I'm about to do this as a school project with my students.

All funds raised from recycling go to a very good cause.

See http://www.jackandjill.ie/

From the site

"Recycling News Update
We also now recycle Computers,Laptops,Monitors,Printers,CD’s,DVD’s and cables. For more information please call Folamh on 1850 525 545"

Bettybooboopbedoop
16-09-2008, 07:10 PM
must remember the fruit tree trick next year. If i do some of the glass jar lanterns and hang them also the cd's should sparkle with the light.

Mickey
17-09-2008, 07:58 AM

Thanks!

Whereabouts are you located (perhaps I could take them off your hands...?) - I promised 3 of my kids that I'd make them shiny shades for their bedroom lights but have had no luck finding mirror tiles and have been thinking of ingenious ways to recycle some CD's I have as well. If I add your 100 to mine I could have a really cool theme going here :o)

Light shade that reflects and makes twinkles and then some wall art as well....

So much to do and so little time ;o)