PDA

View Full Version : Jumbletowner of the year?

bluecurlygirl
25-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Is there an award for such a thing? I've been going through the green section and I have to say I'm knackered. Unapam, house renovating, restoring furniture (for your niece as well), making Christmas presents, starting a chernobyl children's appeal, making bat boxes out of wine crates, lights out of colanders!! Is there no end to your talents. I tip my hat to you. Major kudos. Oh if only the world had more of you. Where do you get your energy? Whatever the source may it never run out. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

unapam
26-09-2008, 12:04 AM
Ah, thanks for that. The way you put it -has me feelin' knackered...and I did it! LOL!
Ever wondered what happened to ADHD kids when they grow up? Now you know! Thanks a million!
I'm off now to plough a field, knit a blanket and save the planet!

Chris P
26-09-2008, 12:33 AM
Is there an award for such a thing? I've been going through the green section and I have to say I'm knackered. Unapam, house renovating, restoring furniture (for your niece as well), making Christmas presents, starting a chernobyl children's appeal, making bat boxes out of wine crates, lights out of colanders!! Is there no end to your talents. I tip my hat to you. Major kudos. Oh if only the world had more of you. Where do you get your energy? Whatever the source may it never run out. Looking forward to seeing what you do next.
Hi bluecurlygirl,

Sorry to report that we're too miserable to give awards (not even Crackerjack Pencils!) to the luminaries that grace our pages but we do occasionally single out individuals who make holy-shows of themselves by being chronic over-achievers. Queen Unapam is such a person, but she'd be the first to admit that JumbleTown has hundreds (nay, thousands!) of folk who deserve an award for their sterling work. Perhaps we could introduce a New Year's Honours List like in the UK, where unsung heroes get a title or something. Lady bluecurlyhair has a nice ring to it, no? Or how about Sir Angling Mad, the Countess Linn, Baroness Bettybooboopbedoop, King Kilk (the First)...I could go on and on, but I think we all agree that anyone who uses JumbleTown (be it once a year or once a day) deserves praise for helping their local community and environment.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

unapam
26-09-2008, 12:53 AM
So say I! I think being a queen is as much as I can handle! Any award would have to be repurposed immediately!

bluecurlygirl
26-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Here here, everyone who even visits the site should get an award of a pat on the back and a nice smug grin for knowing that you are on your way to contributing to saving this home of ours that we call planet earth. And from now on I shall be using my given title from Count ChrisP ;-)

Lots of love and funky stuff,

Lady Bluecurlygirl (the first of course!!!)

Ocker
26-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Well we need to be careful about having too many kings and queens........ big trouble in the palace, so I propose Count Kilkie of Balla Had Ereen ( formerly Lord Kilk of The Turf)

kilk
26-09-2008, 08:08 PM
i much prefer king sir Ocker. then i could order my subjects to save the turf! Oh yes and the spuds too!

Linn
27-09-2008, 08:07 AM
Chris P you made my day COUNTESS LINN thankyou.

Now getting back to reality lol, i agree with Bluecurlygirl everyone should be get an award, a mention or even an smile. If you use Jumbletown once a day or once a week you are just as important and part of the jumbletown family.

As for Queen Unapam i have to agree her work is fabulous but there are many wonderful skilled people on JT and i know that the lovely Unapam will agree with that. Also Unapam would have got most of her pieces that she did up and materials ect from JTowners. So everyone could take a little piece of credit for Unapams creativity. Hope Unapam doesnt mind me saying that.

So heres to Clever Chris P & Daring Dave Hagan and their 1000's of Jumbletown fanclub. Keep you the good work one and all.

Tribesman06
30-09-2008, 02:22 PM
May I hereby thank Baroness Bunty for her thoughtfulness and kindness to our children when she arrived to collect some furniture from us. We thought we were great giving stuff away but in reality we received far more by meeting and chatting to other j'ters.
Unapam........thanks for the continuous inspiration
Kilk & Ocker.............Thanks for making me smile just about everytime you post. Your banter is great.
Dave H & Chris P......... no accolade would do justice to your sterling work. Thank you.

bluecurlygirl
30-09-2008, 10:01 PM
May I hereby thank Baroness Bunty for her thoughtfulness and kindness to our children when she arrived to collect some furniture from us. We thought we were great giving stuff away but in reality we received far more by meeting and chatting to other j'ters.
Unapam........thanks for the continuous inspiration
Kilk & Ocker.............Thanks for making me smile just about everytime you post. Your banter is great.
Dave H & Chris P......... no accolade would do justice to your sterling work. Thank you.

Earl Tribesman06 you could write speeches for the oscars!! Or for the film festival in the city if tribes!! :-)

Chris P
30-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Earl Tribesman06 you could write speeches for the oscars!! Or for the film festival in the city if tribes!! :-)
Very true, bluecurlygirl -- it's a great post with fine prose and even finer sentiments.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

bluecurlygirl
30-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Isn't it though. Very nicely put Tribesman. And lovely sentiments like Chris said. Fair play to ya. It must be a win win situation. Haven't actually met a giver yet but I'm still living in hope!! Maybe I shouldn't keep checking to see if anyone's put up a luxury liner!! And maybe I should offer more stuff too (have a lovely dining table that could be making it's merry way here if it doesn't get sold soon)

kilk
30-09-2008, 11:38 PM
hi bluecurlygirl, put the table on jt! money won't make you happy but giving will!

jumblequeen
30-09-2008, 11:39 PM
Oops........I was sooooooo big headed as to take the title of queen....... I should give my crown to unapam......lol....... or try to earn the privilage to use it.

bluecurlygirl
30-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Oh yeah to hell with it you're right. I can then try to get my sitting room organised as it's huge and has two big pedastal legs that are stairing at me right now! (leaving the typo - furniture related without knowing!) Putting up now. Look out guys - it's good. Gimme 10 minutes.

Tribesman06
01-10-2008, 12:17 PM

Earl Tribesman!!!!!!!!!
I'm truly humbled to be counted amongst such royalty. Excuse me now while I return to searching for a drum kit for one of my knights so that he may some day entertain at the royal court.

Ben888
01-10-2008, 10:30 PM

many more projects to come, ive several pc's to put back together, hopefully getting an old bmw to restore and sell for charity aswell as many silyl ideas ( i.e dress up as the gorilla from the cadburrys ad and run for charity)...

Anything for charity/karma these days :P

icklestar
11-02-2009, 07:10 PM
Well i must say, all you guys are a massive inspiration to me...seriously...i spent my childhood growing up on a farm with three brothers and many farm hands...girls werent wanted...so i spent much of my time in my dads tool shed(which he now agrees is as much mine because i own or bought most of the equipment in...hehe) renovating what i could out of all the scrap i gathered, i would have loved to be a carpenter or painter or interior designer at the least....but i was sent to boarding school(and dont get me wrong...i loved every minute of school) but it just wasnt the same and i kinda lost interest in my old hobby...and then my dad gave up farming and evrything was cleaned up and my footstool (that had slinters sticking out everywhere and tape to cover the nail taht was sticking out :P) or my skateboard made from roofing slats or my stilts made from tin cans or my little wooden tractor(ok now the nostalgia is taking over!)...all got thrown in the skip...i didnt even get to say goodbye! (the one thing they dont know about is the treehouse i built...hehe! Still full of my beloved self made toys) And i became a city girl...the old me was still hiding there somewhere...cuz every so often id get an urge for buying furniture just so i could paint it and make it my own work of art but when you live in a tiny rented apartment...what chance have you get...but then i was introduced to Jumbletown...it all came flooding back!!! All the desire to repurpose and fix up old things that others dont want! But it still left the fact that i was renting a pretty small house that was already full to the brim...so can you image my luck a few days after discovering the wonders of JT, when my house mate asks me if i want to move to a big house with a huge garden (its actually cheaper than where we are and its closer to work so less petrol etc emitting fumes!) and when we went to see it, could you image my luck when the landlord turned around and said that it used to be his family home but he doesnt see them ever living in it again(his parents retired to florida!) and we could decorate it whatever way we wanted!! Youve no idea how much life all of you Jts have brought back to my life!! Ive promised not to bring home too much until we move in a few weeks but i actually lie awake at night thinking of all the different things ive seen and how i can make use of them!!! And even all the stuff im going to find while im moving that i know JTs are gonna love!

Ok, ive gone on a massive rant there...but the point is...you guys are sooo great!! I wish i could give you all prizes and awards...because nobody deserves them more for the work you guys do!! And the communtiy spirit here is sooo awesome!! Ive never spent 6 hours every evening on the internet, my boyf couldnt understand what i was doing..lol...some people may never understand...(wait til i get my shed ive put up in the wanted section...he will never see me!! lol)...ok, going on a tangent again...you guys are the best blessing a girl could ask for!!!!!

Chris P
11-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Smashing post, icklestar!

Great to have you on board!

Regards
Chris P
Admin