PDA

View Full Version : recycled names

kilk
14-10-2008, 02:49 PM
hi everybody,

i'm looking at the vast variety of user names on jt and im wondering are some of these recycled? mine is an ancient version of my address which is no longer used these days so i recycled it, and am in a sense, keeping a part of old ireland alive.

kilk

pauladublin08
14-10-2008, 03:06 PM
thats interesting! :)

mines boring i know.... i could use tatabrazil instead! :) heheh

tasmin
14-10-2008, 03:18 PM
my name is an old chatroom name.
used it way back when chatrooms where the thing.

so its kinda recycled, cause i'm using it again lol

love the idea of using an ancient name of ur address...soooo cool :-)

tas

Regken
14-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Mine is the first 3 letters of each of my sons names. So its kinda recycled.

Bawnie
14-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Mine is a combination.. the area i'm from is Bawnmore, so I'm a little thing from there. Bawn is white. So my name is Little White.. Cute I thought! Spelt wrong here. Should be Bawnee.

unapam
16-10-2008, 05:12 PM
I was christened Una but was always called Pam sooooo...go figure! :-)

marylamb
16-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Mine is Mary (doh!),and all i could think of was Mary had a little lamb, hence the rest.

misstake
16-10-2008, 05:43 PM
mmmmmmm mine was given to me by my son he showed me the site then said hed made a misstake telling me lol so im a misstake
thank you Mark
FOR TELLING ME OF JUMBLE TOWN

Bunty
16-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Yep,
Name recycled, pet we had many, many, many...... moons ago.

HappyHunter
16-10-2008, 11:34 PM
My name just popped into my head when I was looking at the site for the 1st time. I am a happy person and I was/am hunting for items that I need for renovating my home. I have been lucky as I have received items which are a personal treat for myself and my animal family as well as items for renovating and refurbishing my home. So I am HappyHunter

bluecurlygirl
17-10-2008, 10:40 PM
Mine is from an auction site I joined and to give me a user name they asked numerous questions. The three questions, the answers to which made up my name are:
Favourite type of music: blues
Hair Type: Curly
Male or Female: Girl (pushing it a little bit with that one but I'm still a girl at heart!!)
Thanks for clarifying yours kilk. I had put up on another thread in agreement with someoe else that I often wondered what other jt'rs looked like and where there names came from and yours I could not figure at all.

TanTan
18-10-2008, 04:18 AM
Nickname for my baby b4 she was born. We had 2 names decided on - which were 2 characters from eastenders (how sad) and as soon as we could find out male or female, we did. Think that was about 5 month stage. U can guess which female character and her name.................

jamjaq
18-10-2008, 11:05 AM
Mine is an amalgamation of my husbands name and mine....coz we go together, like shoo-bop....lalalalalalalal.....;-)

Beckie
18-10-2008, 11:30 AM
my second name is Rebecca - and i much prefer it to my first. kinda recycled i suppose... it was also my grans name.

claricias
18-10-2008, 11:49 AM
My real name is Clare but when the film Silence of the Lambs was released, my friends started calling me Clarice (Jodie Fosters character) ...and 17 years later Im still Claricias to most friends and some family!

kilk
18-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks for clarifying yours kilk. I had put up on another thread in agreement with someoe else that I often wondered what other jt'rs looked like and where there names came from and yours I could not figure at all.

hi bluecurlygirl,
its nice to know that i occupied a little of your mind for a little while... and there was i thinking nobody cared, awww...!

ducktapeman
18-10-2008, 03:39 PM
duck tape!

Ocker
18-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Mine's a name for a Aussie who wears black shorts well below his beer belly, a blue singlet, thongs (flip flops) several days facial growth, can of VB and a ciggy in the same hand (he talks with the other hand) and says things like "owyergoinmateorright?" and "avagudweegend and don't forget the Aeroguard" Well. I'm a bit like that but not quite as sophisticated !

kiara
18-10-2008, 05:42 PM
ciara is my real name i started spelling it with a 'k' when i was about 10yrs old because i wasnt happy being 1 of 3 'ciaras' in my class, iv kept it 'kiara' ever since, my dad named me because there was a princess called ciara by the same last name 100s of years ago in the area where his family came from!!!

Don
18-10-2008, 05:48 PM
mine is very boring i wish id put more thought into it.they are my initals before i got married.d o n .borrrrrring

cascais
18-10-2008, 06:22 PM
hiya,

great thread i have to say,
my user name is recycled, it is the name of a town very close to Lisbon in Portugal.
it is also the name of one of my beloved cats ( it is no longer with us)

cascais

noni
18-10-2008, 07:21 PM
I am named after my maternal grandmother and my j.t. name is what I was
called by her sister, so again its recycled!

sophiecork
18-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Hello fellow posters,

Thought I would use the Dog's Name - Sopie ! And of course 'Cork' being from the Republic of Cork 'Like'.....

Great thread.....

summersun
18-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Hi Kilk... summersun here ... namely because when i joined it was poring with rain and had been doing so for weeks... so it was a bit of wishful thinking on my part, which hasnt worked yet, maybe if i changed my name to winter rain the summer sun might arrive at last.
Come on kilkie go one further and describe yourself.... and some of the other characters that have kept me glued to various threads over the past few months, ive enjoyed reading all your senior member feedback....

i have a picture of you in my mind and i want to see how accurate or inaccurate i am as the case will probably be

Summersun

nancybrazil
18-10-2008, 10:54 PM
hia all,
my name is taken from my nanna who i loved very much. her name growing up was annie brazil,her dad use to call her nancy balls when she was a little girl,it stuck to her,she then became nancybrazil.always taught she had a funny name.so when joining jumbletown, i was thinking of a name and taught of her.

mack
18-10-2008, 11:30 PM
mine is a name i used in n old chat room ...
wish the chat rooms were back ... (good craic)

Moonunit
19-10-2008, 12:38 AM
mine come from my mothers name before she was married !!!!!!!

erica
19-10-2008, 12:24 PM

It's a good Irish name isn't it!!!

erica
19-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi Kilk... summersun here ... namely because when i joined it was poring with rain and had been doing so for weeks... so it was a bit of wishful thinking on my part, which hasnt worked yet, maybe if i changed my name to winter rain the summer sun might arrive at last.
Come on kilkie go one further and describe yourself.... and some of the other characters that have kept me glued to various threads over the past few months, ive enjoyed reading all your senior member feedback....

i have a picture of you in my mind and i want to see how accurate or inaccurate i am as the case will probably be

Summersun

Tell us what your picture is and we'll tell you if you're right!! Is it Danny DeVito or George Clooney? Brian Cowan or Bill Clinton hmmm ??

kilk
19-10-2008, 01:13 PM
what's this WE business??

kilk
19-10-2008, 01:20 PM

Summersun

hmmmm... senior eh, flattery will get you everywhere summersun!

unfortunately i gave all my mirrors away on jt and have now forgotten what i look like, so i can't give you an accurate description of myself! you'l just have to rely on the ol imagination i suppose!!

kilk

summersun
19-10-2008, 02:35 PM
Well Erica,... and Kilk.... here goes with all previous talk of turf and the great out doors i picture Kilk as a late 40s early to mid 50s with long hair, a mid blonde to light brown blue eyes ex biker maybe with faded blue jeans and a weathered suntanned skin.... i am waiting to read how accurate i am or are you choking with laughter or disdain, no harm meant by me at all.

Come on Chris P we should all have a little photo icon next to our names so we can see who we are chatting to ?????

Regards Summersun

Sabrinabray
19-10-2008, 02:44 PM

Her name was Jam Sandwiches????

deeogee
19-10-2008, 03:37 PM
i like dags!!!!!!!!!

kilk
19-10-2008, 05:06 PM
i picture Kilk as a late 40s early to mid 50s with long hair, a mid blonde to light brown blue eyes ex biker maybe with faded blue jeans and a weathered suntanned skin.... i am waiting to read how accurate i am or are you choking with laughter or disdain, no harm meant by me at all.

Regards Summersun

ha summersun that was a great laugh.. you have a teriffic imagination!! im afraid you're way off the mark apart from the age, ill soon be 60!!

ex biker: well i used to have a honda 50 years ago so that might count!

long hair: i used to have hair too altho can't remember what colour it was !

nice try tho

kilk

erica
19-10-2008, 05:19 PM
i like dags!!!!!!!!!

What's a dag????

erica
19-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Well Erica,... and Kilk.... here goes with all previous talk of turf and the great out doors i picture Kilk as a late 40s early to mid 50s with long hair, a mid blonde to light brown blue eyes ex biker maybe with faded blue jeans and a weathered suntanned skin.... i am waiting to read how accurate i am or are you choking with laughter or disdain, no harm meant by me at all.

Come on Chris P we should all have a little photo icon next to our names so we can see who we are chatting to ?????

Regards Summersun

Spot on Summersun. You must be psychic or something!!!

deeogee
19-10-2008, 05:35 PM
never seen guy richies 'snatch'?....someone tell her

erica
19-10-2008, 05:36 PM
Never saw it, sorry..... I'll have to ask my kids.

miss piggy
19-10-2008, 08:46 PM
I was thinking very hard for a user name when my eldest daughter came out with miss piggy, so in i typed miss piggy!!!!! If only i had thought about it first, regreting it now!!!! And no i dont look like miss piggy!

deeogee
19-10-2008, 08:49 PM
dags are what the english gypsy played by brad pitt called dogs in the movie snatch.....anyway deeogee is obvious.....isnt it?