PDA

View Full Version : Fabric Remnants/Scraps

Maxi
18-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi,
Was wondering does anyone know where i can recycle about 6 black sacks full of old scrap material/fabric ?
My local recycling centre doesnt take it and dont want to just dump it in landfill...

Any help is appreciated

Maxi

Ocker
18-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Many fine rugs were made from old rags cut into small strips. It just needs a sack type backing , a small needle type gadget and a bit of imagination for patterns. Have seen them from Antwerp to Bullamakanka

RockyD
18-10-2008, 04:53 PM
Where are you based. I know someone who does craft classes and is always looking for scrap material I also do some patchwork. Would love it if it is clean and reasonably close to me i could not justify postage as it is expensive.

unapam
18-10-2008, 06:13 PM
I make patchwork stuff too. Do you think it would be suitable?

Maxi
20-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi,
Most of it is 10+years old and very scrappy, not sure whether it would be much use for crafts... was hoping someone would know if there was somewhere it could be left for shredding or the like ??

bluecurlygirl
20-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Could you make cushions from it or even a bean bag if you used an old duvet cover?

sophiecork
20-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Hello Maxi,

A few years ago I worked in a charity shop, any old clothes/scraps were collected by a chap who manufactured beds (as filling)..... Don't know if they still do this, it might be worth a call.

I collect my old scraps and give them to my uncle's garage......they use them to wipe their greasy/oily hands.

kind regards, sophiecork

LadyA
22-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Didn't some of the county councils used to take fabrics for recycling into carpet underlay?