PDA

View Full Version : Email confusion

Brinan
23-10-2008, 11:29 AM
I keep getting emails that say a new reply/message has been entered on a thread I am in, but when I go into my private messages, there are no new messages. Is there something wrong with the system... or with me?

Linn
23-10-2008, 11:40 AM
I keep getting emails that say a new reply/message has been entered on a thread I am in, but when I go into my private messages, there are no new messages. Is there something wrong with the system... or with me?

If you reply to a thread or post and then someone else also replys then you get an email saying that someone has replied to a thread that you've also replied to. There is a way of stopping it but you'd have to ask either Chris P or Dave Hagan. Its a little confusing but i hope you understand what i tried to say.

Brinan
23-10-2008, 11:57 AM
So the message might not be for me... I just assumed that, if I was getting the emails, there must be a message for me. Thanks a mill... it sorta makes sense now... :)
Brinan

Chris P
23-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Hi Brinan,

Members can subscribe or unsubscribe to the automatic email notification system.

You'll find this option just below the "Submit" button on any new post you make.

Please see this part of the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions section) for more details.

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_read_and_post#faq_vb_email_notification

Regards
Chris P
Admin