PDA

View Full Version : Man with van or the likes.

Oakley
04-10-2006, 08:09 PM
Hi All. I just have a wee saloon car and if I saw a nice suite of furniture on the site I'd love it. Problem is I'd have no way of getting it to my place so I'm wondering if anyone has any reliable, reasonable contacts to help me do the job. Thanks Ger

cormie
08-10-2006, 02:22 AM
Hi,
I know a guy who does this and is. I'll just get his permission before I post up his details though:)

Ian
09-10-2006, 09:53 PM
you could also rent a van for the day if you had a few things that needed moving. €75 per day ex vat is a good rate.

Chris P
09-10-2006, 10:36 PM
I know a guy who does this and is. I'll just get his permission before I post up his details though:)

Hi cormie (and all other contributors to this thread),

JumbleTown Admin recognises that collecting bulky items can be a transport-headache but we'd prefer if the contact details of "Men/Women with Vans" were kept off the Public Forum. This is for two reasons: (1) Advertising services on the Public Forum is banned (the Google ads you see pay for the web-hosting) and (2) By allowing the contact details of a transport service on the Public Forum, JumbleTown might be seen to endorse this service, which obviously we are not in a position to do, no matter how reputable that service may be.

In fact, we've had several "Men/Women with Vans" who have offered their services over the past few months, and although it would be very useful to have a list of transport contacts around the country, the whole issue of liability etc arises, so JumbleTown Admin has had to decline all offers to date. This might change in the future, but not for now.

Having said all that, JumbleTown Admin has no objections to Members sending a PM to whomever they wish with the contact details of helpful "Men/Women with Vans."

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)