PDA

View Full Version : time needed (re: collection of items / arrival of s.a.e.)

ken wood
04-11-2008, 09:31 AM
how long should i wait for the taker to come 1,2,3, days its hard to know when people dont get back to you maybe i should word my posts diffrently any suggestions
Thanks

Linn
04-11-2008, 09:46 AM
how long should i wait for the taker to come 1,2,3, days its hard to know when people dont get back to you maybe i should word my posts diffrently any suggestions
Thanks

Hi Ken, everyone has their own view on this. This is mine if its a large item thats taking up space i'd say first come first served and need it gone asap. Otherwise if someone shows an interested, i will ask when would you like to collect and arrange a time ect. I would pm them either the day our a few hours before to see if they are still coming. Also if i didnt hear back from someone who'd showed an interested i'd leave it for a day, send a pm and if i still didnt hear after another day or two i would offer it to the next person.

Also i always ask for a contact number because people are not always online and at least with a contact number you can reach them any time.
Hope that helped a little.
Regards Linn

ken wood
04-11-2008, 01:59 PM
thanks linn new to this and i am not a patient person thanks

Bettybooboopbedoop
04-11-2008, 02:22 PM
Yes, i have found that it does help to have a mobile contact number. Some people might not have online access at home. At least it gives you the option of clearing up any misunderstanding.

kiara
10-11-2008, 12:52 AM
swapping numbers is a great idea, coz id hate to pass over someone just because they cant get to a computer! likewise id hate it to happen to me!

gillo
13-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi all, I'm just wondering how long is it considered reasonable to wait for someone to send a sae for an item? I would have thought 3 -5 days would be reasonable especially when there's more than 1 expression of interest in the said item. But I have been left waiting over a week without a word, so I'm caught between the proverbial rock and the hard place. If I pass it on the original taker might get annoyed, while other potential takers are probably annoyed to see it still reserved. Would welcome other's opinion on how long to wait before making available again, thanks gillo

Chris P
13-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Hi all, I'm just wondering how long is it considered reasonable to wait for someone to send a sae for an item? I would have thought 3 -5 days would be reasonable especially when there's more than 1 expression of interest in the said item. But I have been left waiting over a week without a word, so I'm caught between the proverbial rock and the hard place. If I pass it on the original taker might get annoyed, while other potential takers are probably annoyed to see it still reserved. Would welcome other's opinion on how long to wait before making available again, thanks gillo
Hi gillo,

Three to five days seems reasonable. After that, move on to the next potential Taker.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Bettybooboopbedoop
13-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Thats a tough one gillo. It can depend on how mobile someone is and their access to local postage. I know of this from personal experience. I have held items for weeks. However, thats me. Everyone is different and if you want to get rid of an item fairly quickly and haven't had any answers to pms etc. you can always offer it to someone else or repost it. There will be no shortage of takers, i'd say. I have often thought of stating, for certain items, that i want it gone sooner rather than later and would prefer immediate pick-up or postage. But i must say that i have resigned to having a jtown box and seem to have it stacked waiting for takers envelopes most of the time lol
I would say that the givers are the best judge of what they want, and what they want to do.

gillo
13-12-2008, 11:31 PM
OK guys thanks for that, I will give the person until after the postman goes on Monday. Normally I wouldn't mind, but the queues at the post office this time of year are awful, and I would just be a bit anxious that the packages make it on time for Christmas for anyone who would be wanting it for then. X