PDA

View Full Version : old threads

gillo
10-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Hi guys, I was just wondering why, when browsing the audio/visual section that there were threads there over 2 years old? Granted the items were marked taken but I can't understand why they were still on there when all items I have given away were removed from the thread as soon as I marked them taken. Thanks for reading, regards, gillo

Chris P
10-11-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi guys, I was just wondering why, when browsing the audio/visual section that there were threads there over 2 years old? Granted the items were marked taken but I can't understand why they were still on there when all items I have given away were removed from the thread as soon as I marked them taken. Thanks for reading, regards, gillo
Hi gillo,

We generally leave a few Taken ads at the bottom of each of the listings in order to show new Members completed examples of the Giving and Taking process, from the initial post, through expressions of interest on the thread and by PM, to the final stage where the item is marked as Taken and the ad is locked.

We also leave some Taken ads up as they "pull in" the Google ads, upon which JumbleTown relies to pay its web-hosting fees (just about!).

Your Taken ads were removed because they were close to the top of the listings and we do our best to have only Available or possibly Reserved ads here.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

The Mammy
10-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Hi gillo
When I joined JT I spent a lot of time browsing ''those'' Threads and it was easy then to see the process, and also the variety of items in a particular forum..
There's great reading too in the support forum if you have a problem.
Regards
The Mammy

gillo
10-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks Chris P for clearing that up. Was just curious